Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Original Airpad 7 and IceCreamSandwich  (Read 55140 times)

localuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Original Airpad 7 and IceCreamSandwich
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:06 AM »

One month later, again I ask :Any news regarding ICS for the original AirPads? It has been a long time since we had any.Information would be greatly appreciated by all the early adopters.

I am sure Apple IPad 3 owners are feeling the same way you are right now since the IPad 4 was announced.   :'(  IIRC, it has been a year since the original Airpad came out and Android has release three operating systems in that time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:36:26 AM by localuser »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »

One month later, again I ask :Any news regarding ICS for the original AirPads? It has been a long time since we had any.Information would be greatly appreciated by all the early adopters.

I have been following up on this regularly with the software developers. Right now they are still waiting for work to be done by the motherboard manufacturer. They cannot provide an ETA at this time.

jmfreeze

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2012, 04:13:20 PM »

How much longer for ICS on this tablet?  I'm having some flaky issues with memory/storage on my unit and don't know whether I should reload the original software or wait a bit longer....

Also, does anyone know if there are any hacks, or third-party loads out there to give this thing a refresh?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 10:26:10 PM »

How much longer for ICS on this tablet? 
Surley you jest.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nobugme

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »

I'm afraid there will be no ICS for X10 Airpad 7. We already waited for one year and no miracle happened... >*<

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »

Sorry to say this but it is never going to happen people.
X-10 does not write tablet firmware and the company that made this tablet does not have any intentions at this time to invest any time or money on this antique.
In the future only buy tablets that you can do actual research on and are sold by a reputable manufacturer.
Two examples of tablets that you know are going to be updated on a regular basis as long as the hardware can support it are the Google Nexus (Google writes android)
and of course the Apple tablets (IOS is written by Apple).

I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

pseeker

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

Also add to the list any tablets that can run cyanogenmod or/and with an active community of developers supporting it. Example: Amazon Kindle Fire Series, BN Nook, HP  touchpad, etc).  My HP Touchpad that came with WebOS has been orphaned for over year yet is being upgraded continuously with cyanogenmod releases
Two examples of tablets that you know are going to be updated on a regular basis as long as the hardware can support it are the Google Nexus (Google writes android)
and of course the Apple tablets (IOS is written by Apple).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:37:35 AM by pseeker »

cjhallx

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »

Also add to the list any tablets that can run cyanogenmod or/and with an active community of developers supporting it. Example: Amazon Kindle Fire Series, BN Nook, HP  touchpad, etc).  My HP Touchpad that came with WebOS has been orphaned for over year yet is being upgraded continuously with cyanogenmod releases

Keep them coming!
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »

It's been about a year since my last complaint, I thought I'd check in and see if X10 ever delivered on their promise. I'm not surprised to see they didn't. But I'm happy to see they don't seem to be selling tablets any more.

Been using my Nexus 7 (that cost about the same amount as my original Airpad) for about a year now and it's wonderful. Everything I had hoped the Airpad would deliver on. A good portion of that is because it has a capable OS (but the much nicer hardware is sweet, too.)

X10, if I have just one recommendation for you as a company, it's this: don't make promises about something that's out of your control. Before I bought the Airpad, I checked in the forums and an X10 employee verified and guaranteed that this tablet would be receiving an OS upgrade. I was surprised given the hardware, but because a company representative made that guarantee, I bought one. Turns out the software update wasn't in your control. You should have stated something along the lines of "Yes, it will be upgraded if we receive an update from the manufacturer" or "We anticipate an update, but can't guarantee one."

In my mind, X10 still owes me $200 for the this hunk of junk that's now in electronics recycling heaven.

cjhallx

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »

I have been following up on this regularly with the software developers. Right now they are still waiting for work to be done by the motherboard manufacturer. They cannot provide an ETA at this time.

Seriously, when do we get our money back please?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

I hate to say it, probably never.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2013, 02:41:47 AM »

I hate to say it, probably never.

Considering you have 4000+ posts and are and Advance/Hero Member of the forum, I have to ask why on Earth you would seem to support a company that so clearly doesn't care about its Airpad customers? And so clearly lied and midlead them?

Do they generally sell quality merchandise and just f*%$ed up on the Airpad?

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »

Considering you have 4000+ posts and are and Advance/Hero Member of the forum, I have to ask why on Earth you would seem to support a company that so clearly doesn't care about its Airpad customers? And so clearly lied and midlead them?

Why don't you try reading the response again. He isn't supporting X10, He is giving an opinion based on his experience as a long time forum participant.

As far as cjhallx's original question of "when do we get our money back?", cjhallx needs to ask X10, not the users forum. X10 rarely posts on the users forum and I seriously doubt X10 would publically answer that question since it is a no win for them however they answer it.

cjhallx

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 05:33:13 PM »

My reply was to the X10 admin in the forum, look before you leap. And since I have to explain the obvious, to someone who has read my posts all along, it was said in jest. rofl

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »

My reply was to the X10 admin in the forum, look before you leap.
I did. What in your post indicates you are directing at X10? I missed that part.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.