Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pan and tilt problems  (Read 11940 times)

sandpusher

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Pan and tilt problems
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »

Hi,
This is a list of equipment I have.CM19A,MS16A,SW26A,SW31A,SW33A,SW47A,TM751,VA12A,VK74A,VR36A,VR42A,XX17A,XX20A,ZB10A.
Anyway , the problem that I am having is when I plug in the ninja base with a xx16a camera, I lose all wireless internet connections. I called the provider thinking That the radio section of the router quit as I was able to get internet when wired  direct. After getting off the phone with them I unplugged the camera as I am just trying to understand how all this works before I do a complete set-up and was just testing, and low and behold, the signal returned. I tried several outlets and still the same thing. I thought this was pretty strange. Not only did my connection disappear, but both of my neighbors did not show on my list of connections either.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Pan and tilt problems
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »

Your wireless network router and the X10 wireless cameras may share the same 2.4GHZ band. It is possible the camera and router are using the same channel.

You may want to try changing the camera and receivers channel to a different one. Both have a switch channel with A, B, C, and D.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Finding_the_Channel_Switch_on_Wireless_Cameras

If that doesn't work you may have to figure out how to possibly use a different channel in the router. Most have more than one as many devices have to share the same 2.4GHZ band.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Wireless_Router_Configuration_for_X10_Compatibility

General area for wireless cameras.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Wireless_Cameras
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:46:00 AM by Brian H »

handyman60

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »

I am new at posting so if this is not the correct location or process, please let me know. I have been active with activehome pro for at least two years. I continue to move forward adding hardware and correcting issues.

My present problem and has been a problem all along is that the pan and tilt seems to have erratic operation from primarily my iphone. It also does not respond from activehomepro reliably sometimes. Sometimes the pan and tilt works and other times it does not. The NIJA remote control seems to work most of the time when the iphone is not.  Using the iphone I can see the command occuring in the activity monitor, althouh the camera does not move. I dont full understand the path of signal transmission so I need help in isolating the problem. I have a CM15A, only one Nija pan and tilt, no wireless other than nextgear router. Am I correct in signal path, from PC out USB to CM15 onto the house wiring and to the source.

Summary:
The Nija remote ok.
Using iphone, command is recognized in AHP altough no camera movement 50 percent of time.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »

I am new at posting so if this is not the correct location or process, please let me know. I have been active with activehome pro for at least two years. I continue to move forward adding hardware and correcting issues.

My present problem and has been a problem all along is that the pan and tilt seems to have erratic operation from primarily my iphone. It also does not respond from activehomepro reliably sometimes. Sometimes the pan and tilt works and other times it does not. The NIJA remote control seems to work most of the time when the iphone is not.  Using the iphone I can see the command occuring in the activity monitor, althouh the camera does not move. I dont full understand the path of signal transmission so I need help in isolating the problem. I have a CM15A, only one Nija pan and tilt, no wireless other than nextgear router. Am I correct in signal path, from PC out USB to CM15 onto the house wiring and to the source.

Summary:
The Nija remote ok.
Using iphone, command is recognized in AHP altough no camera movement 50 percent of time.

Ok the pan/tilt on the ninja is not controlled by PLC it is controlled with RF so that is why the remote is working and the CM15A is not from what you are describing I would think it is a range issue for the RF.  Does the remote work from the same location that the CM15A is located?  I had the same issues with mine, since them I went to IP cams and eliminated the x10 ones but inorder for the pan tilt to work from the Pc it needs to be in range for RF not PLC. 

As far as the PLC part of the camera you are correct but it only turns on or off the addressable power supply.

Hope this helps

>! Ken

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:11 AM »

As Ken pointed out. Pan and Tilt is a direct RF command.
It is possible the RF transmitter in the CM15A is not reaching the pan and tilt base when the iphone is using it to send the commands. While the Ninja Remote has a better signal to the pan and tilt base.

handyman60

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »

After I posted, upon exit I was directed to the area of pan and tilt problems. At that point I read about the RF controlling the Nija. Makes sense now on symptoms. I relocated the CM15 a little closer and hung from ceiling. It is now working reliably. Did I miss something along the way on overall operation of these devices regarding data paths. I have spent many hours trying to fix this issue. I had relocated to different sockets with no success and usually ended up with a different control problem. Anyway, problem identified and hopefully solved.

thanks,
ken

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »

The transmitting antenna is wrapped around the inside of the case. So height and what is in between the CM15A and the pan and tilt base. Can make a difference.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.