Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Micromodule status from 2 places  (Read 3415 times)

jakob291

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Micromodule status from 2 places
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:17:57 AM »

Productive day to everyone.
Before I start, I'd like to say, that I am waiting for my first complex of X10 devices, also my house is situated in Russia so forgive me my English.
To the point: my question is if there is any way to monitor module status when the status is changed by a simple wall switch. The computer is always running, AHP (and my own application in future) is monitoring. The simple switch is connected to the module (it can not interrupt the power line by itself)
The module can work with a simple switch and it can determine it's own status and switch the light on/off when a simple switch changes its' position regardless to the position of the switch itself. e.g.:
1. The simple switch is in the "down" position, the lights are off.
2. Computer is sending a command to the module and turn on the light.
3. I pull the switch in the "up" position and the light turns off.
As it was told here, if I send the "status request" command, it will return "on" while the module is off. Is it so?

Thanks for your attention.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Micromodule status from 2 places
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:00:44 AM »

Do you have the model numbers of the modules?
We don't have the same modules here in the US as other parts of the world have.
Ours are one way and only receive commands but will not send status back to a controller. Some of the European ones do status requests.
So exactly what you have will assist in finding your answers.

jakob291

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »

Sure I have the model code, but the module is produced by a local manufacturer, so it will mean nothing to non-russian speciallists. In the description of that module there is a string literally ...can answer the request about status. Such an unusual phrase (instead of "supports status request") and the fact that X10 is not wide spread in Russia made me ask my question.
Your answer made me feel better and wait for my device to be delivered. Thanks.  :)
The conclusion, if needed, will be posted as soon as possible.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:35:09 AM »

OK will wait for your findings.
I know the X10 protocol has a Status Request command and a module supporting it will send back its status when requested.
Some of the European X10 modules also send a status change when locally activated.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.