Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard  (Read 8241 times)

paintchk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard
« on: October 30, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »

Does vanguard software ever work?.
This thing is a major pain in the rear.
I put it on scan and all 4 cameras come up as the same one.
Montion sensors are a pain .
If i turn on camera 1 all 4 screens are camera 1....if i turn on camera 2 all screens are camera2.....ect....ect...
Worked for about a week now everything is crap!

cj4

Re: Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:29:58 AM »

I hate to tell you but I've have been messing with $3,000 worth of X-10 cams etc for 3 yrs now and I don't think any of works together worth a crap.  Yes, the Sentinel Cams give great picture, scans and zooms nice but you can't get the other equipment to work to even see them or controll them proper, especially wireless.........unless maybe you put everything in the same room.........uggggggg  I just keep ordering stuff from X-10 like a sucker thinking I can get these things working and if it's not one problem it's another!!!  I've tried, like many other people, to contact tech support, no real help......some of the guys on here try really hard and are appreciated, but they can't help it's junk.  I'm probably going to cut my big losses and do something different.

asinblue

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:55:45 PM »

I second that thought. Complete garbage. How this company gets away with it is beyond me. Obviously there are a lot of suckers out there but no one has written the BBB or sued them. I think there's enough threads here to justify a lawsuit.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »

no one has written the BBB or sued them. I think there's enough threads here to justify a lawsuit.
The Washington BBB and likely the Nevada BBB gives low grades to X10. But what would/could you sue them over?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

asinblue

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »

how about nothing works. You pay for a security system and controlling software does not work. Forget that the wireless cameras do not all get received by the video receiver. Lots of people commenting that they have to move the antenna to get another camera to show up. HOw is that acceptable? All of it is useless.

The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:21:43 PM by Tuicemen »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.