Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing Google Apps on Airpad 7p ICS (Market?)  (Read 4302 times)

jtashiro

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Installing Google Apps on Airpad 7p ICS (Market?)
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

I've not been successful getting Google Market working on Airpad 7p ICS.  I have tried the instructions that are on the X10 Facebook page (S Elmore), but the GoogleServices Framework fails to install.  I have tried a few versions of this package - 2.2 and 2.3.x.  So I have Market available, but when I click on it, it looks like it wants to start up, shows a white screen briefly, but then fails back to the Android home page.  Has anyone been successful getting Market working on ICS?   I am using stock Airpad - no firmware updates on my end.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Installing Google Apps on Airpad 7p ICS (Market?)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »

Users have reported success installing market on an Airpad 7P running ICS using instructions on my forum.
(they are more likely the same instructions).
However it was reported a factory reset was needed before doing the install.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jtashiro

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »

SOLVED!

The Factory reset from the Android menu did the trick.  I was able to install the 4 APK files and am up and running with Android Market!  Now to re-install the 20 application I purged! 

jtashiro

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »

Just wanted to point out that other Google Apps like Gmail, Maps, etc. dont work with the files used for Market ...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »

Just wanted to point out that other Google Apps like Gmail, Maps, etc. dont work with the files used for Market ...
I'm sure as more and more users move to ICS someone will post (here or @ my forum) away to get those working.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jtashiro

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 11:18:24 PM »

Another follow-up.  IF you apply the ROM updates from Ployer MOMO9 you can get some of the Google Apps to work, along with the Market application.  You can find instructions here

http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?8010-Finally!!!-MOMO9-Android-4-0-1-ICS-firmware/page8

ristal

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »

For those having trouble with other instructions/methods for getting android market on the 7p, try using the script (HERE) (not sure how I came across this originally, went through a lot of BS to get market working on this thing, if it's already posted somewhere I apologize)

the script runs smoothly and makes most Google apps work as they should. When it comes up asking you if you want to install 'essential' apps, I don't think you actually have to enter yes for the market stuff to work, but can't say for sure). It's fairly simple, the toughest part is getting the ADB drivers installed for the tablet. The generic ADB drivers work, I believe you can get them from the android SDK, you can also install an app on your computer called pdanet (easily found on Google search), which I think is for tethering (which isn't going to actually do anything since these tablets have no cellular capability), but it installs the drivers as part of the install (just select generic or unknown from the list) I'm still trying to figure out why Netflix video isn't playing though :(

PS: I forgot to mention one thing, when it comes up asking which tablet you are installing on, you want the first option, which includes 'momo 9'. DO NOT choose the 1024x768 resolution option!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:47:31 PM by ristal »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.