Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Oddlball happening with 3.10 in the Activity Monitor  (Read 13221 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Oddlball happening with 3.10 in the Activity Monitor
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »

I'm reopening it.  It popped up Monday and Today.   Here's what the Activity Monitor had to say:  7:20:28 RECEIVE O9, O8, O7, O6 ON.  It's coming from somewhere else, the O2 PRS11 Spotlight went on at 7:06 PM, 14 minutes before the Oddball O's appeared.  If it were something the PRS11 was doing, it didn't show up on the weekend, so it's not something I'm doing. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:01 PM »

On a whim, you might try changing the O2 spotlight to a different house code, and see what happens.
If the odd codes switch to the other house code, then the spotlight is your cause. If not, then it is something else.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »

The odd codes just started but they are always RECEIVE which tells me they are coming from somewhere else, there are none received from either O2 or O4 (which controls the PRS511).  It's not caused by a smart meter as BGE is just beginning to install both electric as gas smart meters and the Maryland Public Service Commission is preparing a provision to Opt Out, which I will use. Smart Meters are for the Power Company, not for the customer.

The PRS511 has no timers, the O4 (a X10 Pro Wall Switch Appliance Module) controls the PRS511 and has the timers. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:44:52 PM by Dan Lawrence »

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 10:52:46 PM »

The PR511 has a dusk feature that has been mentioned several times. It will send your Primary plus 5,6,7 & 8.

At dusk your PR511 may be SENDing O7, O8, O9 and O10 depending on how your dusk switches are set - if that is the case your acyivity monitor will show RECEIVE.

Please confirm that you have checked the dusk switch settings before you 'bomb' your system again.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »

When I reinstalled AHP 3.310, the strange O's did not appear, they started again on Monday, so it can't be my PRS511, it has to be something else.

beelocks

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »

and what do we know about assumptions?  :)
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »

When I reinstalled AHP 3.310, the strange O's did not appear, they started again on Monday, so it can't be my PRS511, it has to be something else.

It doesn't HAVE to be something else. After all: "With X10, the possibilities are endless!"

Did you try changing the Housecode on the PRS511 to something other than "O," (preferably a code you aren't already using)?
If you do that, and the "O" codes keep happening, that should rule out the PRS511. However, if the oddball codes move to the new HouseCode, then I'd say that points back to the PRS511 again.

If you're positive that it isn't the PRS511, then what do YOU think it is?
You have already stated several times that NONE of your neighbors use X10, so the signal must be coming from inside (or immediately outside) your house somewhere. Since "receiver" modules can't transmit a code, and it is not very likely that electrical noise would be so repeatable (but it is still a possibility I suppose), I would suspect it is coming from one of the devices that you have that can transmit a code. The PRS511 falls into that category, which is why I suspect it might be the cause of your problem. It also has the ability to transmit a sequence of several house codes.

beelocks

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »

Also it's happening a few minutes later than the last time it happened.

What happened a few minutes later today than yesterday? Would that be dusk, due to the lengthening of the daylight hours?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »

It doesn't HAVE to be something else. After all: "With X10, the possibilities are endless!"

Did you try changing the Housecode on the PRS511 to something other than "O," (preferably a code you aren't already using)?
If you do that, and the "O" codes keep happening, that should rule out the PRS511. However, if the oddball codes move to the new HouseCode, then I'd say that points back to the PRS511 again.
This was mentioned before, but it is worthy of restating....exercise the HC and "Start" Code switch and the "Sensor" and "Dusk" switcheses on the PR511 (rotate HC and Start code dials, and and flip the slide switches back and forth several times.. I have had them oxidize, although they never caused the transmission of "false" codes.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »

What made me think of the PR511 was the reception of 4 sequential commands.  Other than the PR511, there aren't too many X10 widgets that can do that.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »

Changed .ahx files and guess what didn't show up?  Those oddball O codes that don't exist.   Explain that for me, it's not my PRS511 doing it either.  If it is, maybe my Winter.ahx file is the culprit.

beelocks

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 09:14:37 PM »

This is now three times you've 'cured' the problem?

When it happens at 7:28 tomorrow night perhaps you'll look further into it, but I doubt it  >*<

If you're not prepared to investigate the problem properly, you might as well just resign yourself to replacing your .ahx file on a fairly regular basis.

See you back here on Saturday  rofl

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »

I did what dave w suggested, I rotated and exercised the HC and "Start" Code switch and the "Sensor" and "Dusk" switcheses on the PR511 (rotate HC and Start code dials, and and flip the slide switches back and forth several times after clearing the CM15A.   Then I changed .ahx files. We shall see.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »

It's now Sunday, April 8 and no weird O modules have not appeared.   I'm closing this topic at this point.  DO NOT REPLY TO IT .

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »

FINALLY!!!  I got it it permanently fixed.  I opened up the PRS11 door and finally found the 4 switches that controlled dusk and set all 4 to OFF.   No more O6 to O9 in the Activity Monitor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.