Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do they install home security systems?  (Read 6902 times)

terenkleo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How do they install home security systems?
« on: February 20, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »

I am thinking of purchasing a home security system. I wondering if anyone knew how they install it. Do they have to go through your walls?

Any opinions on ADT Home security?

Link to unrelated site removed by USER: Knightrider, as it had nothing to do with the original topic and was questionable as spam.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:16:08 PM by Knightrider »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: How do they install home security systems?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

FWIW
Yes and no. Most security firms offer both wireless and wired systems. The wired systems do have wires in wall, attic, and/or basement. But a major name security service provider usually does a good job. My in-laws have an ADT system with hidden mag door and window switches, motion detectors mounted at ceiling level, panic buttons and two arming panels. No wires are visible except up in the attic.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »

I agree. Most professional alarm installers are REALLY good at running wires and doing so nearly invisibly. It was suggested to me a long time ago that if I need help fishing wires through my house, I should call an alarm install technician to do it for me.

vedard_alarms

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:59:55 AM »

Generally, home owners use wireless security systems to DIY home security.
That will include alarm master controller (at pstn network way, it is required to connect with telephone line. ), PIR detector, magnetism contact for door or window protection, panic switch, wireless siren etc.
All alarm detectors are mounted on wall with bracket or with adhesive tape only. And with GSM alarm host, the host can be hidden in housing and connect with power adapter.

philsfan02

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »

Agreed. Wireless is the way to go. You can even install it yourself if you want. It seems like that's where technology is taking us these days so there's no use paying for wired technology that might be outdated soon.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.