Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP someone stole my transmitter!! X10 Pro Model PHR02  (Read 4186 times)

Maddog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
HELP someone stole my transmitter!! X10 Pro Model PHR02
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »

Hello!

I just purchased a home that has an X10 Pro Model PHR02 remote however the transmitter was stolen when someone also stole the automatic pool cleaner.  The X10 was used to turn on/off the pool light.

I heard that the company is no longer in business but that there were transmitters that would work with my remote. The PAT01 and the TM-751A. 

I was hoping that someone here in this forum might be able to guide me on what transmitter will work with what I think is about a 20 year old system!! 

Greatly appreciate your help!! 

Maddog

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: HELP someone stole my transmitter!! X10 Pro Model PHR02
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »

You are looking for an RF remote for the PAT01 is an RR501 Tranceiver and TM751?
Any X10 RF remote should work with either of them
The HR12A Palm Pad
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/HR12A
Keychain.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/KR19A
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/KR22A

If I read your request incorrectly and you need the transceiver for a remote you have. Both the RR501 and TM751 are still made. Though reports indicate the latest TM751 my no longer have the internal appliance type switch in it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:50:58 PM by Brian H »

Maddog

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »

Hi Brian...

You can tell what  novice I am - as I seem to be using the wrong terminology.  So here I go....  In my hands I am holding a X10 Pro 16 channel Model PHR02 remote. It is intended to turn on the pool light however when we purchased the home, the part that is plugged in at the pool equipment (the thing with the antenna on it) was gone. Now I am not sure if that is called the transmitter or the receiver or simply the thing with the antenna...but it is gone. I would like to purchase something that will work with the 20+ year old remote but am being told different things that are compatible.   

Hopefully I clarified things a bit!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Maddog

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:49:52 PM »

Thank you Dave for the links.  In looking at the first one, http://www.x10.com/promotions/tm751_single_si.html# 
Based on the fact that you provided the link,  I am assuming that it will work with this antiquated remote control that I have.... right? 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:53 AM »

There are reports here. That the new TM751s not having any internal relay in them and the outlet in it changed to an always On pass through .
The sales page link now says Pass Through Outlet.

So if you want to plug the pool lights into the latest revision TM751. They may not turn On and Off but always be On.

In that case the RR501 {X10} or PAT01 {X10Pro} maybe a better choice or finding an indpendent X10 dealer that still has a TM751 with internal relay available.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:51:06 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:08:10 AM »

Thank you Dave for the links.  In looking at the first one, http://www.x10.com/promotions/tm751_single_si.html# 
Based on the fact that you provided the link,  I am assuming that it will work with this antiquated remote control that I have.... right? 
Yes, the new TM751 transceiver will work with your old PHR02 remote.

However like Brian said, reports are; the new TM751 no longer has a controlled outlet. So in your system, IF something was plugged in to the old (missing) transceiver, you would want to order the X10 Pro package PHK05 which includes the RR501 transceiver which AFAIK still has a controlled outlet.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Maddog

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 12:07:43 PM »

You guys are awesome! I just wish you spoke in a language that I understood...like makeup or hair care products  :  )

Ok so I am learning that PAT01 is no longer available and that for the remote that I have I should order the TM751.

OMG...ok just say... Madeline order the TM751 and follow the programing directions and it will work. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »

Is the TM751 going to have the pool lights, plugged into the outlet on its bottom case?
I will point it out again if you missed it.
The newest hardware version of the TM751 does not have any controlled switch in it like the older version and will not turn On and Off anything plugged into the outlet on its bottom.
If you are dealing with one of the independent X10 dealers. Verify it is not new ones with the pass through outlet.

So your remote can be used with the TM751 to send power line signals it received, but the remote can't turn On and Off an internal switch that was removed from the latest TM751s.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:08:06 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.