Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings, a thanks, and Stylus'?  (Read 2386 times)

Talon Starblade

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Greetings, a thanks, and Stylus'?
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:36:39 AM »

Hi everyone. I’ve had my AirpadX since just after Christmas and I’ve loved it.

As a greeting, I’d like to thank the people for telling us how to hard reboot on lock-up. Now I keep something in my accessories pack just in case.

Anyway, on to my actual question: Has anyone compiled or found a listing of Stylus’ that work with the resistive screens of our airpads? I keep trying to find them, but it’s annoying because places like Radio Shack, K-Mart and Best Buy don’t seem to want to carry anything that’s not iPad compatible, meaning we get the shaft. I’ve done a couple of online searches, but frankly I’m the kind of guy that likes to be able to handle a tool to see how it works, before plunking down the cash on it.

Has anyone used any stylus’ they liked?

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Greetings, a thanks, and Stylus'?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 06:34:30 AM »

The airpads are capacitive.  I've bought an assortment at Amazon.
The ones you want should have a soft ball on the end.

GJF

Talon Starblade

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »

wow, I don't know how I got that backwards... I'll have to take this to a few stores and test the Stylus' they have. thanks for info correction.

deholla

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »

The first stylus I got was for an ipod and was from an apple store... ...works great on the AP.   My favorite is a Kinsington and is a combination stylus and a capped ink pen on the other side.  Also, I bought 3 cheap no-names as a package deal on Amazon and the quality was not too good, as the rubber is too soft and tacky, and does not slide well.... ...and one got retro fitted with a paper-clip inserted within the hollow tube kept with the portable keyboard (seems you might already know why one needs the clip) and that should do until I mod the AP case.  I still miss using the comb pen, pencil, stylus for the resistive touch Palm since it has a much higher resolution.  Yes, I also still have a Palm on my desk and a slide rule I got in 1968. Getting off subject so I'll leave ..., oh, I'm using  one of the original Airpads with a stylus for this response.

Talon Starblade

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:06 AM »

LOL...

I think i found a slide rule in my dad's old technical gear years ago. Thanks on the info, I bought a Targus stylus earlier tonight, as well as new case from Targus for my tablet and accessories. It's a really nice bag for tablets and Netbooks.

Here's a link: http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=TSM148US&PageName=citygear%20mini%20|%20Targus%20USA&productCategoryId=5&bucketTypeId=0&searchedTerms=citygear%20mini&navlevel1=&cp=&bannertxt=Search%20Results%20citygear%20mini

My local Staples normally sells it for $30, but it was 30% off. I can't put it into the fitted, padded pocket, but the big chamber fits it well even with the case/stand that I have for it. I've got my headphones, multiple thumb drives, 6' hdmi cable, mini-usb cable, ethernet adapter, and my emergency reset tool (no, it's not a paper clip). And still have room for a portable hard drive and more.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.