Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Touch Screen problems on Orig AP7 when recharging  (Read 2754 times)

christopher baum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Touch Screen problems on Orig AP7 when recharging
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I have had my Original Airpad 7 for 2 months now. Mostly we get along great. However, when it is plugged into the recharger, the touchscreen goes crazy. I get phantom hits, it is difficult to unlock because the pattern responses to the phantom touches, the media volume changes randoming, etc.

Because of the abysmal battery life, using it plugged into a charger would be a good, good thing.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Touch Screen problems on Orig AP7 when recharging
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »

I have never seen that problem before, and is is not normal. If it is only two months old, it will still be in warranty. Please send me your order number and email address through a private message or email, and I will have an RA issued.

For the battery life, be sure you are using the charger that came with the unit. The battery will never fully charge with a USB charger. Also, with the original airpad, the battery's charge level may become uncalibrated, which will make the make the battery low message appear too soon. To fix this, use the unit on battery power until it shuts off. Do not shut it off when the battery is low message appears. Keep it on until the unit is completely dead. Then fully charge it overnight.

christopher baum

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will pm you, but I wanted to get on the board that I am *NOT* using the power supply that came with the device since my wife's daemon cat chewed through the cord. I am using a 5V, 2 amp power supply that I frankensteined with the correct power tip. I did confirm the voltage and polarity and it does charge the unit completely.

frantic1049

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »

My original charger didn't last long at all. I ordered 2 chargers from China that looked the same and had the same specs as the one that came from x10. They charged it fine but the air pad acted crazy if I tried using it plugged in. I really had no other choice but to charge it up and only use it unplugged. The Chinese chargers both died after about 2 weeks so I got someone to solder one of those tips to my original charger and that works great although it's starting to act up late. I don't understand why x10 doesn't make replacement chargers available to us. I'd think there would be a pretty sizeable mark up on them since most air pad users would probably order 1 or 2 of them

christopher baum

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 05:24:16 AM »

Just an update. I sent my Airpad 7 in for repairs, on the advice of X10 Repair Depot. Got it back in a week and it works fine with my frankensteined chargers now. Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.