Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Subnet does not match  (Read 7622 times)

sleepydo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Subnet does not match
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

help -

when trying to setup my airsight camera - the ip camera tool say 'subnet does not match' so i double click it and select obtain IP from DHCP server and no luck.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Subnet does not match
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:31:34 PM »

You will not be able to connect to the camera if the subnet of the camera and computer do not match. Your best bet now, it to reset the camera by pressing the reset button until the camera resets (about 30 seconds). Then start the procedure over.

This time, do not attempt to enter a static IP address now - select "Obtain IP from DHCP Server". This should allow you to use the camera wirelessly. Once you have this working, if you intend to view the camera remotely, you will have to set a static IP address (first try the address that was assigned by the DHCP server - you will see this in listed the IP camera tool). You will also have to set up port forwarding in your router.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble.

sleepydo

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

thanks - the reset worked but i still can not get device to go wireless.

and i follow these instruction:

Connect your camera to your router with a LAN cable
Open the IP camera tool and select your camera
Enter your admin password and preferably select Active X mode while using Internet Explorer
Select Network then wireless LAN settings
Press the scan button (you may need to press it twice)
Select your router from the list
Enter your key if you are using WEP or WPA encryption
Press submit.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »

If you have more than one router, until you set up port forwarding, your computer and the camera must both be connected to the same one (wired or wireless it does not matter).

If you are connected through the same router, try to simplify things as much as possible until you identify the problem:

When you pressed the scan button, was your router shown and could you select it? If it is not shown, try setting your router to broadcast the SSID. Then you should be able to select it in the camera's setup.

If you are using WEP or WPA security, temporarily setup your router without security and try to connect to it again with the camera.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

sleepydo

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »

my router is in the selection box.

i try turning off wep key and still no luck. - after disconnect of network cable from camera, the light blink rapid and no picture.

also, my Wireless MAC Authentication is disable. should it be on or off?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »

also, my Wireless MAC Authentication is disable. should it be on or off?

MAC Authentication should be off. I have one last idea, how far away from the Wifi router is the camera? Just for testing, try putting the camera in the same room as the router.

If that does not work, I think that you may have a bad camera. If you would like an RA to have your camera replaced, please send me an email or private message with your order number and email address.

sleepydo

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »

camera is only few feet away from router. all i can is wired and wireless mac address are different but that shouldnt matter. i will send you a PM message with my order number.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.