Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Streaming or downloading files  (Read 2548 times)

larrykel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Streaming or downloading files
« on: February 28, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »

Has anyone been successful in streaming or downloading a video mp4 or audio mp3 over wifi to your APxl from a host computer on your home network. Is there a procedure or app that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance,

ce_runner

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Streaming or downloading files
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »

ES File Explorer allows you to connect to a NAS. Streaming it cannot do. It copies the file to the device and then can play it there. If a product like XMBC could be ported, we may be able to stream.

VNC does allow you to control a PC Desktop remotely but the display does not do the device justice.

I too, would be interested in a streaming application.

cj

deholla

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »

Getting a live video stream piped from my home network was the main reason I got the original AP.  I use the WinTV capture card/tuner with a desktop an connect the AirPad with a browser LAN url.  You can use varius video sources and I have an old X10 camera... ...hence, is how I got back and ffound ojt about the AP.  With the video card, it includes a tuner and I can even select  channels on the fly.  I think it was only a few dollars more for the  streaming server software, which allows me to also access over the internet with a cellphone which is what my plan was to do with the X10 camera, in a security system.

larrykel

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

Thanks for responding, installed ES File, it says video and audio files are downloading but then the display turns off and nothing
happens. B:( Good news is I can download pictures with no prob. Not giving up, just adding it to my bucket list. >!

ce_runner

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

Larrykel... ES File Manager is doing the same thing to me on the 7P. I have a another Android and have seen this work. It takes a while to get the video to the device. Seeing that the 7P is a N device (connects at 130 mbps), streaming could be possible. The hunt continues... cj

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.