Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AirpadXL and 7" Deal from 2 Weeks Ago  (Read 7121 times)

ejacobs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AirpadXL and 7" Deal from 2 Weeks Ago
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »

X10 offered a special a few weeks ago offering a free 7" tablet with the purchase of the 10" tablet.  How many people were aware that the 7" tablet that they were going to send wasn't the latest version running Ice Cream Sandwich?  No where on the offer email or the order page did it mention you would be receiving an older model.  Another typical advertising scam by x10.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AirpadXL and 7" Deal from 2 Weeks Ago
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »

X10 offered a special a few weeks ago offering a free 7" tablet with the purchase of the 10" tablet.  How many people were aware that the 7" tablet that they were going to send wasn't the latest version running Ice Cream Sandwich?  No where on the offer email or the order page did it mention you would be receiving an older model.  Another typical advertising scam by x10.
Why would you be expecting something not advertized?
This was not a scam.
This was free. Your lucky it even has an OS.
In any case these older models will be upgradeable to ICS.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ejacobs

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »

No where did it say that it wasn't the latest version or the older version.  It was just noted to as a 7" tablet.  When a company also sells a 7" tablet - that is the model one would expect to get, not some other model. 

Any no one has any idea when these or the Airpad XL will get the ICS upgrade.  We're told it will happen, but they can't tell us when.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »

Yeah, when you are getting something of value for free, with no strings attached, I don't see how that could be considered a scam or false advertising. It's like buying a Cadillac and getting a free Volt....actually, that may happen. rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »

Actualy some may expect that volt to come with heated leather seats because GM sells a model like that! rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »

Actualy some may expect that volt to come with heated leather seats because GM sells a model like that! rofl
I thought Volt did have heated seats....
Charge mileage drops from 40 miles to 8.7 miles per charge if you want a warm butt (or AC). rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »

If it didn't exactly specify what it was and was free. You should not read into an offer anything that is not printed on the sales pages.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

Trust me, that was a super deal to blow out some remaining inventory. That 7" tablet is a good unit the the GB OS is stable. ICS looks pretty, but it really doesn't add any major functionality to the tablets. 

android7.ip

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »

Speaking of the deal, I was one of the lucky ones (according to the ad only the first 50 buyers got the free 7 if they purchase the Airpad XL10).  I still keep the original email of the ad, and I can confirm that the image shown is a 7, not the new 7P. 

http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_x_airpad1_bonus.html?SN

My problems are a bit different:
(1) They shipped an Airpad X10, not the XL10
(2) The X10 looks like it is an open box item because the manual is missing and the way it was put back just don't seem like a new unit
(3) The 7 is pretty obvious a used item because the box is crushed at corners, manual inside is wrinkled and the factory screen protect looks like it was put back after someone pull it out, with lots of bubbles underneath,  Again, doesn't look like a factory new item to me.

While the ad clearly showed the picture of the 7 (not the 7P), it did not say it is a used/refurbish item either. And sending a X10 instead of XL10 (the invoice sent to me stated it is a XL) is just difficult to explain...

I called on Wed 3/7 and was promised to have a supervisor to email me a proposed resolution within 48 hours.  Did not get any email so decided to follow up by another call .... anyway, after multiple phone calls and on holds for seemingly forever, I finally got someone to help me using live chat:

( Alexandria 12:46:39 ) Okay, I apologize, I can definitely  send an RMA in for you so you can get  the correct items you ordered
( HomePageChat 12:47:22 )Am I supposed to receive a refurbished item for the 7 (I understand it is a bundle deal), but I do not remember it is the offer in the original advertisment
( HomePageChat 12:48:39 )Will you send me shipping labels for the RMA?  Or am I suppose to cover the cost of the shipment?
( Alexandria 12:50:38 ) Yes it will be a refurbished AirPad1  and the other one will be a new AirPad  XL and Yes we will provide a shipping  label 

And that was the first time I learned the Airpad1 is supposed to be a refurbished.  Take a look at the URL I posted to see if the ad states/hints anything about the 7 as a refurb.  Well, I supposed to receive my RMA authorization in 48 hours.

So far the purchase experiences from x10 is much less than positive, will see how they resolve it, and I will keep you posted.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 07:51:05 AM »

Android7.ip,

I am not sure that the information that you received from customer service is correct. My "real" job at X10 is managing our order fulfillment warehouse.

The deal was to include 1 new 10" XL and 1 of the original 7" Airpads, also new.

10"
I think that it is highly unlikely that you did not receive an XL. The X is packed in a black carton and the XL is packed in a blue and white carton. In addition, on the XL's back cover, the model is listed as CM008. I can absolutely guarantee to you that we did not ship any returned or refurbished XL - all of this product is new. It does not come with a manual, the manual should be available on our website.

Original 7"
The packaging of this unit did not hold up well during the shipment from the factory to our warehouse. Although the tablet is perfectly fine, the packaging can look a bit beat up. The bubbles under the screen protector are normal, just remove it.
Nearly all of the orders did ship with brand new 7" tablet. A small handful were refurbished, however all of the customers who received refurbished units were contact in advance and agreed to this.

I suspect that you did receive two new items. Unless your tablets are not working, there would be no value in returning them.

android7.ip

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »

Thanks for the explanation.  The X10 I got has the white box with blue print, and the label on the box said Airpad XL, with UPS 0 99081 32308 5.  There is no serial number for me to match the box with the unit to see if it is the right unit. 

The logo printed on the back of the unit is just AIRPAD X, (not AIRPAD XL as shown in the ad's picture at http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_x_airpad1_bonus.html?SN).  That's why I suspect the unit is a wrong unit (or someone accidentally swapped it inside, both the 7 and the X boxes are not sealed). 

How else can I tell if it is a XL or not when there is contradicting information printed on the back of the unit and on the advertisement?

I know I can just remove the screen protector on the 7, but that's doesn't change the fact the it doesn't look like a factory new unit to me.  Even a $15 box of See's candy would have been shipped in a sealed box.  Having a $250 tablet shipped in an open box just doesn't assure any buyer's confidence that it is brand new.  I have bought more than enough ipads, iphones and tablets (even from Fry's) and I have yet seen anything like this. Well, it is what it is. 

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »

I never noticed it before, but the the picture of the back cover in the ad is incorrect. Both of the 10" tablets say Airpad X on the back. On the back cover in the corner, the Airpad X says model CM005 and the XL says model CM008. Also, the reset button is on the back cover of the XL and on the side of the unit for an X. I really am certain that you received the proper unit, and that it is new.

Since we do not sell through retail stores, sealing the product cartons would have added a cost that really wouldn't have provided a benefit to us. Manufacturers that sell through retail stores are not sealing products for the customer's benefit.

klystron

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »

My AirPad XL was also missing the manual from the box so I had to d/l it.  Other than that, both it and the 7 appear to be new.  I did notice from the ad that the 2nd tablet didn't appear to be the 7p, so I g00gled around for 'airpad review' and sure enough, the hits showed pics of the 1st edition unit, so I knew what to expect. 

I find I'm using the AirPad as my primary info appliance at home and couldn't be happier.  The bigger screen really suits my less-than-20/20 vision better than my Samsung Galaxy Tab7, which is my traveling machine. 

Nowif only I could  find the Amazon shopping app on the Amazon Android Appstore...

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 06:52:15 AM »

To get the amazon appstore use the browser and goto
"www.amazon.com/app-email"
This is on page 10 in the XL manual
This will download the app to your tablet and then select install.

GJF

klystron

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 03:37:45 PM »

Just more proof my eyesight is < 20/20!

Thanks for the helping-hand  :)%
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.