Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight Indoor Camera Keeps resetting its position  (Read 3142 times)

geojf

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight Indoor Camera Keeps resetting its position
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »

I have the Airsight Indoor camera with PTZ capabilities. I am running it on a wireless network. Once or twice a day the camera will "loose" its position (focused on the door) and return the camera position to one where it focuses all the way to the left and up to the ceiling. I have to log on and go back to a "preset" position to get it focused back on the front door. Any idea what could be causing this or what a solution might be?

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Airsight Indoor Camera Keeps resetting its position
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »

Not sure if this works for the Airsight cameras but it works for the Foscam cameras.  Go to the PTZ settings tab.  Uncheck "disable preset", check "go to preset on boot up.".  Make sure you set the your Preset number 1 position "focused on the door".

Hope that helps.

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
Re: Airsight Indoor Camera Keeps resetting its position
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »

I have three foscam 8918 (I believe they are VERY similar to the air*head* uhhh  sight).
Mine also do random resets (reboots) where the camera goes through all the limits and then goes to preset 1 (I have the same "disable presets" unchecked and "go to preset 1 on boot" settings checked so that after the cam reboots, it goes to preset 1.
  I have no clue as to why these cameras do this as there is no reason for it, but this is the only work around that I can think of.
  Give it a try!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.