Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: AirPad 7p ICS / Gingerbread Images  (Read 51880 times)

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
AirPad 7p ICS / Gingerbread Images
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »

These instructions and the image files are designed only for the Airpad 7p. This unit is labeled CM007 on the back cover of the unit. Do not attempt to install this software on any other unit.

By updating the operating system you will loose all data and apps. Backup everything before proceeding.

The computer used to update the operating system must be running Windows XP, Vista, or 7. The steps below are for XP, Vista and 7 should be similar.

Use these instructions and software at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any unexpected problems with your computer or other equipment as the result of using these instructions and software.

ICS Vs Gingerbread

Gingerbread:
If you are looking for the most stable and most widely supported Android operating system, then install the Gingerbread version. It is very stable and nearly all apps are designed to run on Gingerbread.
The Gingerbread version of the software will work on any Airpad 7p.

Ice Cream Sandwich:
This version of ICS does fix the problems with Flash and erratic SD card issues. It seems stable, and if you are willing to work through the hiccups that are certain to occur with a new OS, than install ICS.

Many apps are not fully compatible with ICS and will not work properly.

IMPORTANT: Due to a minor hardware change, this ICS release is not compatible most units that shipped prior to 12/20/2011 with Gingerbread. If this is installed on an older unit, the unit will reboot sporadically (among other issues).  If you install ICS and experience these problems, please reinstall Gingerbread. The factory is working on this issue.  

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:17:42 PM by X10 Repair Depot »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
Re: AirPad 7p ICS / Gingerbread Images
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:11:45 PM »

Download the appropriate OS image file:

Ice Cream Sandwich:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airpad_7p_cm007_ICS.20120307.rar

Gingerbread:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airpad_7p_cm007_gingerbread.20111123.rar

1)   Create a new folder on your hard drive (the name is not important)
2)   Use an RAR file extractor (7-Zip is free) and extract the image file into a newly create folder.

FULLY CHARGE THE TABLET BEFORE CONTINUING

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:35:45 PM by X10 Repair Depot »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »

Download and install the ROM flashing tool:
1)   Download the livesuit tool from:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/LiveSuitPack_version_1.09_20111101.rar
2)   Use an RAR file extractor and extract this file into the folder that was created earlier.
3)   Run the EXE file that you just extracted
4)   Select English
5)   The Livesuit tool will self-extract into the current folder
6)   Find and run livesuit.exe
7)   A welcome screen will open.  Select no.
8   Press select image and select the image that you downloaded.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:36:20 PM by X10 Repair Depot »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »

On the tablet:

You must begin with the tablet off. This will not work if it is in standby mode.

Plug the tablet’s USB cord into the computer. Do not connect it to the tablet yet.

1)   To put the tablet into reflashing mode, while the tablet is off press and hold the volume + button. Do not release it.
2)   Plug in the USB cord into the tablet.
3)   Press the power button quickly - 8 times in 5 seconds. The tablet should appear to be off.
4)   Release the volume + button.
5)   If you are asked to install a driver install it. The driver is located in the directory that contains Livesuit.
6)   If you see a message regarding the Windows Logo testing, press continue anyway.
7)   When the driver is installed, press finish.
8   A message will be displayed about a forced format - choose yes.
9)   Select yes again at the "are you sure" prompt.
10)   The process bar should begin moving. It will take about 3 minutes to reflash the ROM.
11)   When it is done a message will appear. Select OK.
12)   Disconnect the USB cable from the tablet.
13)   Press the power button. The unit should turn on, but it will take longer than normal to boot.
14)   If it does not turn on, press the reset button with a paperclip and then the power button.
15)   After booting, a message may appear on the tablet indicating an encryption error. If this appears, just press the button on the screen and the unit will reboot and start normally.

If things go wrong:

Step 3 –If the tablet turns on, you are pressing the power button too slowly or you are not holding the volume + button. Disconnect the USB cable. Let the tablet turn fully on, then power it down and start the procedure again.

Step 8 – If forced format message is not shown within 1 minute, then the unit is not in reflashing mode. Disconnect the USB cable. Turn the unit on – if it does not start, press the reset button with a paperclip. Once it fully boots, shut it down by holding the power button until the unit displays the power off message. Select power off and shut down. You cannot reflash the unit if it is in standby mode. Start the procedure again. If nothing happens again, try again using the modified step one listed below.

If the unit will not turn on at the end of the procedure, try pressing the reset button with a paperclip and then the power button. If it will still not turn on, just reflash the unit again. This will work even if the unit appears to be dead. This time, you will modify step 1 – While the tablet is off press and hold the volume + button. Do not release it. Press the reset button for 2 seconds with a paperclip. Continue the rest of the procedure as indicated above.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:23:01 AM by X10 Repair Depot »

manielse

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »

What the build number of this ICS release? 4.0.3? <Crossing Fingers>

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »

What the build number of this ICS release? 4.0.3? <Crossing Fingers>

It is 4.0.3.

haguea

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

My 7p came with 4.0.3 but does not work with Flash.  Will this upgrade help me?
thanks,
Alan

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »

My 7p came with 4.0.3 but does not work with Flash.  Will this upgrade help me?
thanks,
Alan

We started installing this on new product this week. Unless you received your tablet this week, this upgrade should help.

haguea

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:14:21 PM »

Decided to use the more stable Gingerbread with these instructions and it works GREAT!  Thanks!!!!

FReagan

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »

Installed the ICS image as that is what mine came with and I had been having no real problems other than Flash.
Little bit of trouble getting the process started, but once I hit the reset button it took and worked fine.
Flash works again, and overall operation seems better.

Thank you

Now if I had root access to the 4.0.3 like apparently used to be available?...

donclem

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

I reverted to 3.something,but the same things don't work
calendar and contacts

VanGCook

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »

Now you've got me confused. On Mar. 9 you state current version of "ICS does fix the problem with Flash" but then you proceed with instructions to "up?" grade to GingerBread.

I received my 7p last week and not able to run Flash for Netflix. What gives. If not, will there be fix for ICS?

Thanks for excellent support here & on phone. I been a user of X-10 since 1982 & love all the products!

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »

Now you've got me confused. On Mar. 9 you state current version of "ICS does fix the problem with Flash" but then you proceed with instructions to "up?" grade to GingerBread.

I received my 7p last week and not able to run Flash for Netflix. What gives. If not, will there be fix for ICS?

Thanks for excellent support here & on phone. I been a user of X-10 since 1982 & love all the products!

The version of ICS that is posted here has been reported to be very stable with Flash working properly, and some have reported that Netflix is working as well. I am not aware of any current issues with this version of ICS that requires fixing.

Your unit should have had the latest version of ICS on it. If "Airpad" splash screen is shown during boot up, then you do. If it is not shown, then you should upgrade by following the instructions that are written above.

Although some have had luck with Netflix on this latest release, the problem is related to Netflix and will need to be fixed by them.

nathans

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »

Well not so good for me,

I installed ICS 4.0.3 it was very easy and Flash is OK.
Netflix and Amazon can play but very bad video buffering most of the time and double pictures and HD every video seems to be very bad Airpad 7P can't catch up with the streaming. I guess the processor is very slow.
But even worse no more Youtube application it just disappear.
I have tried to run yourtube from the browser and I got black screen no more Youtube for me.

Any idea?
Does anyone has Netflix or Amazon working in any of the system with HD video?

What about Yourtube? Does it work with 4.0.3?

Thanks,
Nathan
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:58:49 PM by nathans »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »

Well not so good for me,

I installed ICS 4.0.3 it was very easy and Flash is OK.
Netflix and Amazon can play but very bad video buffering most of the time and double pictures and HD every video seems to be very bad Airpad 7P can't catch up with the streaming. I guess the processor is very slow.
But even worse no more Youtube application it just disappear.
I have tried to run yourtube from the browser and I got black screen no more Youtube for me.

Any idea?
Does anyone has Netflix or Amazon working in any of the system with HD video?

What about Yourtube? Does it work with 4.0.3?

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan,

Youtube - the app is not included with the latest release, but youtube should work good from the browser. If it is not, try changing the browser mode by:
Open the browser and press the menu button. Select settings, debug, browser mode. Try each of these choices: android, ipad, and desktop

Netflix - this is a Netflix problem

Amazon - I can confirm that the video is very choppy on all 4 of our tablets and occurs while using ICS or GB. I suspect that this is either caused by bandwidth problems on Amazon or the videos require more CPU power than an average tablet has available.

Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.