Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: G-Sensor Calibration  (Read 7343 times)

rfdbrown

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
G-Sensor Calibration
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:24:42 AM »

I just purchased an AirpadP.

While looking through the menus I came across the "G-Sensor Calibration" option in the settings - display menu.

I selected the option to see what it did. B:( Now the G-Sensor does not seem to work, the screen won't auto-rotate.

I checked to make sure that the Auto-rotate box was checked, and it is.

I tried to recalibrate the G-Sensor by selecting that option from the display menu. The instructions weren't clear but I believe that "Please put it down on plane and click on the right button" means to set the AirpadP down on a level stable surface with the screen facing up and press the radar looking icon on the bottom right of the screen - which I've done several time but with no results.

Does anybody have any suggestions? -:) The users manual  rofl lacks any information that I could discover on what to do.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Did you solve it?

Rick Brown
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:31:47 PM by rfdbrown »

android7.ip

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: G-Sensor Calibration
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »

I have the same problem.  Ever since I tried the G sensor calibration, the screen rotation stop working.  I can "manually" change the screen orientation - check the auto-rotation box it turns to landscape, and uncheck it to switch back to portrait mode. 

If I try to do the G sensor calibration again, it shows error message "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.) and only allows me to click the "force close" button.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: G-Sensor Calibration
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »

android7.ip,

I worked on one unit in the past with the same symptoms. I shut off that unit and turned it on a few hours later. It then allowed to do the G-Sensor calibration, and has worked fine ever since. If you still cannot do the calibration, try setting the unit back to the factory settings.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.