Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't seem to setup SMTP mail  (Read 4973 times)

dfennell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't seem to setup SMTP mail
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »

Anyone having trubble gettgin your mail settgins working under the "other" tab, mail settging? No matter what I configure when I click submit then test I get "Can not connect to server" almost instantly. Its like its not even trying. I have tried several accounts including the gmail one woth the correct ports etc. I can alos open up sucessfully a telnet session to the smtp.xxxxx.com port# I'm running Win7 64bit trying to use the ipcamera software, everything else works fine. Any ideas? I have checked my router / firewall settings for port blockage. my ISP is Cox and I did also try to use Cox, Netsol, gmail, aol & hotmail all have the same result.
Thanks,
Darin
 B:(

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Can't seem to setup SMTP mail
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »

The instructions below, should get it set up. Send from your gmail account.

Log on to the camera. Select "other" on the left hand side of the screen then select "mail service settings". In the sender box, enter your email account that you want to send from (gmail is the easiest to configure). In the receiver 1 box, enter the email address that you want to send the picture to (it can be the same as you used above).

These instructions will only work if you are using gmail as you sender email (it does not matter what receiver email you are using):
SMTP Server:  smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
Transport Layer Security Protocol: TLS
Needs Authentication:  checked
SMTP User: your gmail account in this format myemail@gmail.com
SMTP Password: your gmail password

Then press the submit button.

After pressing the test button, you should get a test email sent to the account that you set up for receiver 1.

dfennell

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:07:39 PM »

I have that configuration, this is what I get instantly

Test  ...  Failed
Can not connect to the server

Tried on Win7 and MSHS2011 with IE 9 and google Chrome    
 B:(

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »

dfennell,

Reset the unit to factory settings by doing this:
Open the IP camera tool and select your camera.
On the left, select Multi- device and restore factory settings.
Follow the prompts to reset the unit.

After it reboots, connect the camera using the the network cable. Do NOT setup anything in the unit (like port forwarding, wifi, etc).

Follow the instructions that I gave earlier again and let me know if it is now working.

dfennell

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

Thank you! that worked. I get pics and video in IE9 only pics in Chrome. I have DynDNs.org DDnS hosted and cameras on ports 10001, 10002 & , 10003. What else do I need to do to view the camera from the internet and also from my android? Is there more to install? Also, is it best practice for the cam's to be DHCP or static?
Thanks for your help.
Darin

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 01:55:17 PM »

That's great news.

To view the camera remotely there is nothing more to install, but you will have to set up port forwarding in your router. You will need to set a static IP address in each camera. If you are not familiar with port forwarding, this website has a lot of information:
http://ipcamnetwork.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/acessing-your-camera-from-the-internet/

nativedc

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »

This thread is very helpful but I don't understand the last bit about port forwarding in the route and static IP address in the camera. Why do you need to do that if its already set up to view the camera remotely through the web?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.