Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AirPad XL Image  (Read 45340 times)

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
AirPad XL Image
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »

These instructions and the image files are designed only for the Airpad XL. This unit is labeled CM008 on the back cover of the unit. Do not attempt to install this software on any other unit.

By updating the operating system you will loose all data and apps. Backup everything before proceeding.

NOTE: This is the version that was originally installed on the AirPad XL. It should only be used to recover a non-working unit.

This is a link to the the image file:

THIS LINK HAS BEEN CORRECTED, AND IS THE PROPER FIRMWARE FOR THE XL
ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airpad_xl_cm008-0107.rar

Use the instructions listed in this thread to install it:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26336.0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:58:15 AM by X10 Repair Depot »

android7.ip

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AirPad XL Image
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

Just want to double check.  You mentioned that the firmware is for the CM008, which is the Airpad XL 10 inch tablet.  However, the file name on the link you posted is airpad_7p_cm007_ICS.20120307.rar, and the instructions link points to the instruction for the 7p upgrade.

Are these the correct file and instructions for the XL 10 inch tablet?

Thanks

cyphon

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »

I was on 4.0.1 from the manufacturer's website.  Which we all know is very buggy.  I attempted to roll back to this release to get back to factory config.  However, after applying the update, I cannot get any display.  I can see the screen turn on (back light) but no display. Tried multiple times.  Everything indicates that it was applied successfully.  I also have consurns about the version, since the filename indicates this is ICS and not Gingerbread.

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:29:41 PM »

I think the link to the XL firmware should be what I found below?
Can X10 repair Depot comfirm this link?

http://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airpad_xl_cm008-0107.rar

GJF

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »

All,

Thanks for catching that bad link, and I appologize to anybody that installed it. The link in the first post has been corrected.

I was on 4.0.1 from the manufacturer's website.  Which we all know is very buggy.  I attempted to roll back to this release to get back to factory config.  However, after applying the update, I cannot get any display.  I can see the screen turn on (back light) but no display. Tried multiple times.  Everything indicates that it was applied successfully.  I also have consurns about the version, since the filename indicates this is ICS and not Gingerbread.

Cyphon,

Download and install firmware in the corrected link, and your unit should be up and running again. If you have any problems, please let me know.

cyphon

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:31 AM »

Just installed corrected firmware.  successfully flashed back to factory defaults.  Thanks.

cfree1961

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 06:58:46 AM »

I bought my AIRPADXL the first week of Feb 2012 followed the instructions step by step rom says it did the upgrade over write but when all said and done it went and booted into gingerbread 2.3.4 any ideas? or is this not for my unit?? B:(

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »

I bought my AIRPADXL the first week of Feb 2012 followed the instructions step by step rom says it did the upgrade over write but when all said and done it went and booted into gingerbread 2.3.4 any ideas? or is this not for my unit?? B:(

Please read posts carefully. You possibly did not see this part and i quote:

NOTE: This is the version that was originally installed on the AirPad XL. It should only be used to recover a non-working unit.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

cfree1961

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »

Miss read sorry! but thank YOU for the heads up!!  ;D

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 11:05:47 PM »

So then this file is for Ginger Bread 2.3.4 for the Airpad XL so one can restore back to Android 2.3.4 if they find that ICS does not work for them on their Airpad XL due to older Apps not being compatible with ICS or if they have Flash Video issues with ICS?  >*<

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »

So then this file is for Ginger Bread 2.3.4 for the Airpad XL so one can restore back to Android 2.3.4 if they find that ICS does not work for them on their Airpad XL due to older Apps not being compatible with ICS or if they have Flash Video issues with ICS? 

yes

Jimdi

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »

A note I discovered on my computer running vista - -

When I install the Livesuit system and drivers per the instructions above -
and then do the "plug usb in and hit power button 8 times in 5 seconds" I can hear the driver "tone" in windows saying the device is connected... BUT the format option never opens.

I discovered that if you Start Livesuit before you plug in the USB cable in, and then do the 8 power button presses in 5 seoncds - THEN the window opens with the format command.

This may be a bug in Vista - or It may just be my computer - but it's something to try if your computer doesn't bring up the "format" command automatically.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »

Jimdi,

It is the same on windows 7
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »

A note I discovered on my computer running vista - -

When I install the Livesuit system and drivers per the instructions above -
and then do the "plug usb in and hit power button 8 times in 5 seconds" I can hear the driver "tone" in windows saying the device is connected... BUT the format option never opens.

I discovered that if you Start Livesuit before you plug in the USB cable in, and then do the 8 power button presses in 5 seoncds - THEN the window opens with the format command.

This may be a bug in Vista - or It may just be my computer - but it's something to try if your computer doesn't bring up the "format" command automatically.

That is the way you are supposed to do it according to the instructions, you have to have livesuit running before you do the hold volume + button and mash power 8 times.
That is how I did it in XP and if I did the volume power button thing first and then ran livesuite it did not work.

Jimdi

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »

I guess there was some confusion because the instructions were broken over two entries.  One with Livesuit, one with plugging in the USB.
It probably would have been cleaner to start with 2nd section USB with a line that says - "after you insure livesuit is running, and you have selected your img file - then you are ready to proceed with plugging in the usb.

When I go back and re-read it - it is more obvious - but I did miss it the first time -

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.