Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: External Bluetooth Dongle Support for the AirPad XL?  (Read 18420 times)

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
External Bluetooth Dongle Support for the AirPad XL?
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »

Does anyone know how to add external bluetooth dongle support for the AirPad XL? 
This is the first tablet I have come across that didn't support one.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Re: External Bluetooth Dongle Support for the AirPad XL?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »

I took a look through the file system and can not find a module for bluetooth.  I have not been able to tell if bluetooth is built in to the kernel. I suspect it is NOT since the ployer momo15 is advertised as NO BLUETOOTH. The X10 Guys will have to confirm this.
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

cjhallx

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:14:39 PM »

Thanks for the info. The switch from the quality Zenithink Corp. tablet to the Ployer Corp seems to be an unfortunate occurrence more and more.
Zenithink keeps issuing refreshed firmware updates while Ployer sits idol and will not even respond to e-mail.

Zenithink makes the AirPad X and their Gingerbread firmware is well done and their ICS firmware is almost there.
Ployer makes the AirPad XL and all their firmware is pure trash. Their is no excuse for their Gingerbread firmware not to be perfected by now, they have had two years to fix it and Zenithink had no problems and even includes external bluetooth in their Kernel.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:27:44 PM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

hairface

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »

well the good news is that a wireless mouse (not bt) works in the OTG port. I wanted the bluetooth so I could loose the headphone wires. I'll keep looking into it.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »

Just to comment on cjhallx post...

cjhallx is not speaking from any position of authority. I have daily communications with the factories, and I do not find it surprising that a factory does not respond to a customer's inquiry that will not result in a sale.  I also do not agree that the stock gingerbread image is "trash" - it is very stable.

hairface

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »

can u find out from the factory if USBBT is built into the kernel ? if not Will the ICS version ?

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 01:56:57 AM »

can u find out from the factory if USBBT is built into the kernel ? if not Will the ICS version ?

:' I just DL'd the MOMO15 Ice cream Sandwich Image from Ployer and it say's "With BlueTooth"
Flashed it. Booted, and Viola. it works. Grabbed my BT USB Dongle and plugged it in...and...and...and..Nothing.
Powered off, powered on (rebooted) and...and...BINGO. It's there with all 7 Services.

Cheers,
BuBu
 >!
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

hairface

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 05:32:51 AM »

can u please post link to image ?

cjhallx

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »

Which version please?
Please provide link, I just looked at Ployer's firmware for CM008/MOMO15 and do not see any notation for bluetooth.
Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:17:46 PM by cjhallx »

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:59:15 AM »

:' I just DL'd the MOMO15 Ice cream Sandwich Image from Ployer and it say's "With BlueTooth"
Flashed it. Booted, and Viola. it works. Grabbed my BT USB Dongle and plugged it in...and...and...and..Nothing.
Powered off, powered on (rebooted) and...and...BINGO. It's there with all 7 Services.

Cheers,
BuBu
 >!

I agree can you put the Momo15 Image in a Dropbox and send instructions on how to acess it to me... us?  Please?  I would love to try and get Bluetooth!   Any downsides to the image - like keys not working etc? 

Please post more information!

cjhallx

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »

Cheers,
BuBu
 >!

We haven't heard back from you. Did you mean the original AirPad X from Zenithink?
That always supported Bluetooth.

cjhallx

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »

I hope BuBu doesn't have a boo-boo. Or did he just suffer from spontaneous combustion?
Seriously, guy, we are all waiting for your response.

hairface

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »

still nothing on the ployer site. hope he responds soon.

H

cjhallx

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »

oh, well. I have installed the new 0311 modified with bluetooth version and it is working great.  The last test is when I purchase an A2DP headphone and get it to connect and pair.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26949.0
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:14:55 PM by cjhallx »

hairface

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »

what version kernel is it running ?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.