Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wierd Happining  (Read 14006 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Wierd Happining
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:49:48 PM »

I'm running AHP 3.310 and this started in late February. When I checked the Activity Monitor, suddenly at 7:07 PM it shows  Receive O10, O9, O8, O7 ON.  Those addresses do not exist and never have. The only O addresses in my system are all Outside and are O1, O2, O3 and O4,  O5 and O6 are added at Christmas.  I did create a .ahx file with those weird address and open it and turn all off, that shows in my Activity Monitor.

I don't believe anybody on my transformer uses X10. Is this a weird bug that just showed up?               
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Wierd Happining
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »

Is this happening every day at the same time, or does it seem to happen at different times of the day?
Perhaps someone on your transformer just got X10, and is playing with it?
Alternatively, something else is generating noise which the CM15A is misinterpreting as a valid command.

Try setting some appliance modules to those codes, and see if they actually turn on when those signals are received.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

It seems to be every day at about 7:09 PM each day. That's the only time it happens   I'll try the appliance module idea and see what happens, I've got lots of night lights and appliance modules.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »

Dan, You have had this same problem before. What was the outcome from this thread?

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26223.0

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »

I never had this problem before February.   I did drag 4 Appliance Modules out of my spare box, set them to the odd O address I mentioned in my first post, we will see what happens tonight.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »

Dan - If it is showing "receive" on those codes at the same time each day, then it is likely that *something* is happening at that time, and putting something on your powerline that looks like a valid signal (perhaps it IS a valid signal).
A few more things you might want to try (although you really can only do one of them per day):
1) plug in appliance modules on those codes, and see if they trigger (I think you were planning to do this already)
2) If they DO trigger, then try the next night with the CM15A UNPLUGGED from the wall at that time. (do it a few minutes early, and leave it out for a few extra minutes, just to be safe). See what happens. If the modules still trigger, then it doesn't sound like a bug to me at all. If they don't trigger, then try the NEXT night with it unplugged, and the third night WITH the CM15A plugged in (to confirm it really is the CM15A, and not a fluke).
Of course, with the CM15A unplugged, you won't see the Activity Monitor, so this only works if the appliance modules ARE being triggered at that time.

A few more things:
What type of modules are the ones on O1-O5?
Do you have any other timers around that time?
do you have any of the X10 floodlight units with the motion sensor?
What time is Dusk currently in your AHP Hardware configuration? (I'm guessing it is around 7:39 PM)

In your other thread, you mentioned timers set for some codes at Dusk-30 minutes. The timing lines up, which is why I suspect a rogue timer or macro.
Are there ANY modules or macros in your trash?
Did you clear the interface and re-download AFTER clearing the trash?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »

Dan - If it is showing "receive" on those codes at the same time each day, then it is likely that *something* is happening at that time, and putting something on your powerline that looks like a valid signal (perhaps it IS a valid signal).
A few more things you might want to try (although you really can only do one of them per day):
1) plug in appliance modules on those codes, and see if they trigger (I think you were planning to do this already)
2) If they DO trigger, then try the next night with the CM15A UNPLUGGED from the wall at that time. (do it a few minutes early, and leave it out for a few extra minutes, just to be safe). See what happens. If the modules still trigger, then it doesn't sound like a bug to me at all. If they don't trigger, then try the NEXT night with it unplugged, and the third night WITH the CM15A plugged in (to confirm it really is the CM15A, and not a fluke).
Of course, with the CM15A unplugged, you won't see the Activity Monitor, so this only works if the appliance modules ARE being triggered at that time.

A few more things:
What type of modules are the ones on O1-O5?
Do you have any other timers around that time?

do you have any of the X10 floodlight units with the motion sensor? 
What time is Dusk currently in your AHP Hardware configuration? (I'm guessing it is around 7:39 PM) 
In your other thread, you mentioned timers set for some codes at Dusk-30 minutes. The timing lines up, which is why I suspect a rogue timer or macro.
Are there ANY modules or macros in your trash?   
Did you clear the interface and re-download AFTER clearing the trash?

Don't use motion sensors, as to other modules on housecode O, it's O1 (controls my outside lamppost), O2 (my PRS11 Spotlight), O3 (My electronic doorbell), and O4 (The X10 controller that controls the PRS11).  There are two other O codes, O5 and O6, they are only for the Christmas season and are used to control outside displays. 

Yes, other inside lights.  none on House code O.   Time is around 7:30 PM. Eastern Daylight Time.  As to trash, I'm prompt about clearing trash out.   I clear the interface and reload every time I clear trash, whenever I have trash (not very often).  As I said, this just started beginning in February.  It stopped late in February when I created a  special .ahx file to with those odd O ones (turns off all codes not used by me).  When Spring came the .ahp file used changed to Spring,  4 days later it started again.   I've created a new Room called Trash that has the four O codes (O10, O9, O8, O7) and I turn each code OFF and they don't come on until the next day.   We shall see.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

7:07 this evening, the O7, O8, O9 & O10 were received again.   My .ahx file to kill those addresses was opened and all addresses showed in the Activity Monitor as turned off.  They do not appear again until 7:07 tomorrow. 

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »

Just a WAG here...  The X10 spotlight is capabile of sending a sequence of 4 codes.  Since you have one on the O housecode, I would first check out what it is doing.  Perhaps one of the switches that control its configuration has oxidized, and it is not behaving as it should.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »

Checked both, reset as O2, we shall see tomorrow.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »

Checked both, reset as O2, we shall see tomorrow.
I think Jeff was referring to the switches which allow the unit to send up to four additional house codes for dusk (what might be happening to you, maybe), and another 4 for motion (if that's the same unit I'm thinking of).

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »

Well, I just completed the "Atomic Bomb" of dealing with weird AHP problems - worked the last time this O modules that don't exist popped up.  Cleared the CM15A,  Backed up all my .ahx files, totally removed AHP and reinstalled everything,  put my .ahx files back and reopened AHP.   Now we see if the weird problem appears or not.   Stay tuned. 

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

As of today, no oddball O modules did not appear today, only my regular modules.  We will call this topic closed.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »

As of today, no oddball O modules did not appear today, only my regular modules.  We will call this topic closed.
Did you reinstall 3.310, or a different version?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »

Stayed with 3.310.  You did not read my last post on this subject.  It's CLOSED.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.