Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do the Airpads have a Mic  (Read 4852 times)

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Do the Airpads have a Mic
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »

This may sound like a dumb question but do the Airpads have a mic? I checked out the PDF Manuals and they don't seem to show where the mic is located I hope they have mics because how can you use skype or video chat if the other person can't hear you?

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Do the Airpads have a Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »

7p mike is near the headset jack against the front glass
X  mike is behind reset hold bottom right near led
Haven't got a XL to take apart.
very bad locations

GJF

deholla

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:39:43 PM »

The original Airpad mic shares the same hole that the reset hole uses where you poke the paperclip.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »

All of the airpad models do have a mic

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »

??? Ok, Now I'm really concerned about the one I RMAed.
 I bought a Refirb, But having x10 standing behind "as is" as a shield after stating 'Like New" and giving the specifications which the refirb does not meet and not working properly, is an egregious act in my eyes.  Especially since all mainstream definitions of "Factory Refurbished" mean "Like New, Used but Everything Operates as it should. Broken, worn, damaged parts are replaced and the item is Tested to be AS NEW before it is sold."

I really have no -:) what's going on with mine that was RMAed. I bought my refirb because of all the GOOD experiences I have had with X10 over the years. But I'm worrying now that because I bought mine 3 weeks before they decided to drop them, that I may have received one that was sitting on a back shelf somewhere for Tech's to 'Fiddle with' because it had a gremlin in it and had been returned 2-3x times before.

Cheers,
BuBu
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:12 AM »

I am having second thoughts about my Airpad XL 10. After installing ICS , it still is not upto the mark. Screen still freezes and am fed up with constantly having to wait.

I'll happy to sell it at a discount.

IPS

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »

??? Ok, Now I'm really concerned about the one I RMAed.
 I bought a Refirb, But having x10 standing behind "as is" as a shield after stating 'Like New" and giving the specifications which the refirb does not meet and not working properly, is an egregious act in my eyes.  Especially since all mainstream definitions of "Factory Refurbished" mean "Like New, Used but Everything Operates as it should. Broken, worn, damaged parts are replaced and the item is Tested to be AS NEW before it is sold."

I really have no -:) what's going on with mine that was RMAed. I bought my refirb because of all the GOOD experiences I have had with X10 over the years. But I'm worrying now that because I bought mine 3 weeks before they decided to drop them, that I may have received one that was sitting on a back shelf somewhere for Tech's to 'Fiddle with' because it had a gremlin in it and had been returned 2-3x times before.

Cheers,
BuBu

I am sorry about the problems that you have had with your product. All refurb airpads are expected to be fully functional. There may be some wear and minor scratches but everything should work fine - and all of these units are warrantied.

Since the problems that you reported in another thread should have been obvious during testing, perhaps a connector worked loose or it was damaged in shipping.

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »

Thanks. I Just got my New one, and it IS NEW. So far everything works!

I think it was more than a cable, but a gremlin is a gremlin.
I just discovered that the TF card was never being written to with the old one. Damn, now I have to reinstall everything and have to figure out how to get my Paid apps Back!

That issue occurred because of confusion about the internal SD card and the external SD card which is referred to as the TF card.
Everywhere I looked and read (manuals and Forums) the SD and TF terms were being used interchangeably. Not seeing the TF card anywhere in anything except the Move programs section I thought the SD card references were really to my TF card.

Darn Titanium Backup is on the one I sent back.  Oh Well, at least I can get them back the hard way. Not like I haven't done this before with PC's.

Cheers,
BuBu
 >!
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.