Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: video recording  (Read 3879 times)

rodlloyd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
video recording
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »

I am looking for a video recording system to record guest speakers at events and meetings. I am not sure if the system even exists but the system I am looking for is as follows:

Two video cameras, [do not need to be any more than homeowner units] both mounted on tripods that send their signals [presumably via blue-tooth] to a nearby laptop so that they can be switched between as the action dictates.

At least one camera need to be able to be controlled left/right, up/down, zoom in/out from the laptop to follow the action and get the closeups.

Do you know of any such system or point me in the right direction.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: video recording
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:57:23 AM »

None of our cameras have blue tooth capability. Our IP cameras may work, but that is not really their designed purpose.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: video recording
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:26:21 AM »

..... At least one camera need to be able to be controlled left/right, up/down, zoom in/out from the laptop to follow the action and get the closeups.

So... you want to be cameraman to two cameras while also being the director while also live editing and recording... from a remote location?

I think the way that would normally be done is:
Two cameras... two camera operators.
Both cameras would be recorded.
The director would give (wired or radio) directions to the camera operators.
The video would be edited and complied using software... ether afterwards or delayed.

Although I like you idea of a one man operation... that is a big bite to chew. You could try this:
Use one stable camera (recording) and one mobile camera (on a wheeled platform) with zoom (also recording). Along with a separate recording audio.
Operate the mobile camera yourself.
After the speaker, event, or meeting is complete complie and edit your recordings using a computer or Mac.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.