Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding other cameras  (Read 2820 times)

fmagic

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Adding other cameras
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »

I have a D-Link DCS-932L camera that I would like to add to the interface on my Airsight XX36A camera. I tried putting the internal (private) IP address, port, username and password, and it is not showing anything on the multiple camera view. It just shows an amber/orange indicator showing that it is having trouble connecting to the additional camera. The literature for the Airsight camera says it will work with ANY IP camera, so why won't this work? I would love to be able to see all of my cameras from a single interface!

billmakr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Adding other cameras
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:31:41 PM »

Are you looking at this camera locally or through internet? If it works locally but not through internet. Note the information located on the multi device web page "  attention: If you want to access the device from internet, be sure the host and port that you set can be accessed from internet. " this means that the port in use for that camera must also forwarded directly to the camera's lan ip address and port number it uses.

Bad news for the cheap modems being used by att. they will not do true port forwarding: thus preventing you from having two choices. you can view all four cameras locally but only one camera from the internet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.