Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Airpad XL Refurbished Review  (Read 35023 times)

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Airpad XL Refurbished Review
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »

Did the Google hack some stuff didn't work...

I assume it was a mistake in the instructions vending.com vs vending.apk....

AFter I got stuff up and working....

Noticed the X10 version 4.03.0514 was missing some google apps vs the 4.0331 version.

Didn't notice a speed difference in the X10 version.  Seemed about the same to me.

Personally - the 4.03 version seemed "fuller" if that makes any sense at all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:08:37 PM by Jimdi »

Jimdi

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »

More on ICS 0514 vs 0331 ---

Greenmountain software - - - All the Audubon Guides Crashes instantly on 0514 but runs fine on 0331...

And while I was typing this on my tablet under 0514 the Keyboard just jumped into Chinese!

I think0514 is the Buggy Version - that Repair Depot was working with.

I think I will wipe the tablet and go back to 0331.   

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

Jimdi

I tried to download from
 http://en.ployer.cn/uploadfile/201204/CM008-4-0406.rar
without any luck
what is the trick?
Please help.

IPS

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »

Did not have any problems, perhaps their server was down.  Don't forget the time difference.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 01:39:57 AM »

These downloads from China go slow... but H says this download (406) isn't woth the trouble.  I use 40331 and I am very happy with it. I find it very stable.
http://en.ployer.cn/UploadFile/201204/CM008-4-0331.rar
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:48:21 AM by Jimdi »

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »

That link has been removed. Anyone have a good link? Thx!
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 01:17:45 PM »

i have a copy of 0331 in my dropbox if anyone needs it

H

IPS

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »

Hi H

Thanks for your help. No luck with your link

IPS

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »

I clicked on the link that i sent u and it went straight to the file. what problems/errors r u seeing ?

IPS

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »

Hairface

What is image 0510 & 0330? I am new to tablet and have no clue about any of the terms used. Can you please explain some of them?

Also i would like to install google play on mine. But so far i have not been able to down load. Every link that i have tried has failed. What am i missing here?

Is there a auto correct while typing?

Please help.

IPS

IPS

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:03 AM »

Hi H

Problem with down load:

When i click on link, it says: starting download. When i look for downloaded file it says:
  <unknown >
gives file name
failed

Tried many times no luck. What am not doing?

IPS

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »

OK - some have posted that they wish there was a review of the Airpad XL... so I am accommodating. :)
I purchase the Airpad XL refurbished - based on the ad that says "Like-New" and the "Only difference is the price!"
Shipping was prompt and even though I did standard shipping - I received mine in 2 days.  I must live within a state or two of the warehouse. :)
When I opened the box - "it did look like new" As a matter of fact - I couldn't tell at all by appearance that they unit was a refurbished one.
The only "technical" issue I had was the "how to" of inserting a micro SD card. The instructions were not clear on how far to press it in. You feel tension and then need to push further until the card is actually about 1mm inside the case before it will click into place and stay in the tablet.
X10 support was VERY GOOD at returning my call the following business day to answer all my questions. They even updated the WIKI page on the micro SD card to be more complete. They also answered my emails within a day or two.
So for service - so far -- I give them another big :)
The tablet itself has been great - It runs all the apps I have downloaded from Amazon apps without a hitch. And after almost 2 weeks of daily use - battery life seems very good -lasting me all day and evening. So far - there have been no technical issues, once i figured out how to insert an SD card correctly! :)

Yes it does support external USB devices like keyboard, jump drives, and hard drives.

The downside: You can't download From the Google apps website - which makes finding a few select apps difficult. You can get most directly from the developers website -- Like PlayOn for example.

Technical shortcomings include: No Bluetooth, No bluetooth support, No GPS. Other than that - it's pretty sweet.

So for $200 bucks if you can live without Google Appstore - and Bluetooth, and GPS - you have a pretty sweet tablet!

Post if you agree - disagree!

Before I start, I would like to say I have been having Superb experiences with X-10 and their products since the days of Dial-up! And this is the very first time I have ever had a problem with their product...
 B:(  I just got mine in Over the Memorial day weekend. It actually arrived in three days (Thursday) but I didn't have a chance to open it till Friday evening. So it took till Tuesday for me to be able to call.
Right out of the box I found I could not hold it cradled in either hand without the touch screen freaking out, not taking input, popping up the keyboard and blasting 'R" and 'Q' across the text input line..

Then I loaded some trusted apps and went looking around. It was supposed to have 8GB Ram. No Sir only 5.12GB of ram. Calibrating the sensors is useless, when it's laying on a solid table, without vibration, those buttons are Jiggling constantly.

So OK, got to send it back. Then the display/home page starts jiggling side to side.. I discover it works just fine laying flat. Great. OK I still love this thing, Friends and Business Friends love the thing. It's way better than their iPads.

On Tuesday I call customer Support and they are willing to issue an RMA. Haven't received the RMA info yet.
Then today, my Keyboard disappears and all the settings for it.

Then I try to hook it up to my computer. No Sir. Doesn't work. That USB port (mini) is dead. 2K, XPro, Vista Ultimate, Win7, Even PR-Win8, no see tablet.

Finally, as I said, the soft keyboard disappeared tonight. Well at least I can get that Macros keyboard up.

So we'll see when I get a new one. BTW, I just went through this with Whirlpool. Under the US lemon laws they are sending a NEW appliance even though I purchased a Factory Refurbished model. Airpad's are Appliances. I just don't want to go through 6 months of crap this time.

I don't believe X-10 will do that. They are a good company.

This Air Pad is great, even with all the things going wrong. I haven't told anyone anything bad about it. It is, in my eyes superior to most out there, for a great price.

It's saving graces are the Battery time is great, that I can plug in a 3 port powered USB hub, have a mouse, External keyboard (Targus iPAQ stowaway, or regular), and a 350GB hard drive attached to it. AND the Display. Crisp and Clear.

Cheers,
BuBu

Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

Jimdi

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »

I found them quick to respond to my questions when I first received mine.  If you are like others who have had problems - they should address yours quickly as well. I would hope.

I guess I was lucky - my refurbished model was like new - you are the 2nd to report a problem refurb unit.

I can say they did take care of the first persons problems in a timely manner.

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »

:'
I saw the first post that say';s you can't DL from the Google Apps Store. Humm, I have no problems with Mine...Although it updated the Google Apps Store software the first time I used it.

:)% 
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

Jimdi

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »

Ok I am at about a month of using ICS 0331 following Hairface's instructions on "fixing" the keyboard and volume controls. (simple process).

And no problems to report.   To me it is faster and superior to 2.34 (what came on it) and I have had no crashes or bugs.  New apps are out each day for ICS and they all seem to run fine.

Google Store and google apps run so well, I can't believe you would be without them.

I do notice the spell check is short on words - but "who caares?" :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.