Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Need Help] My Project VRAI (VOICE RECOGNITION ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE)  (Read 9803 times)

Glorfindel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Okay I have used BVC for a while now and I really enjoy it. But I wanted something more advanced so I am creating a software in VB.NET called VRAI. The goal of it is to make conversations with the computer more like conversations with a human. I imported the C# Alicebot Library into my project and now have a fully working bot. I added the feature where it uses the TTS Engine to talk back to you. Now I am adding the Speech Engine using SAPI 5.1. My issue however is that the recognition is horrible. I run BVC and it understands me perfectly but when I run this program it can barely understand me at all. I am pretty sure this is because I am not using a grammar file. So I am looking for people who are interested in helping with this project and know how to work with SAPI 5.1 well and know how to incorporate a grammar file into a program.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

There are several open source voice projects out there.
There are even a few open source Bot programs.
Why not look at these and just add the x10 code to one of them?
A Google search will most likely help locate these.
True most of these are old programs which have issues with Vista and newer OSs however they can be made to work with them as well.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Glorfindel

Well actually I am using Program# an open Source AIML interpreter. I was looking into Julius/Julian but I can't find a way to implement it into VB.NET. I know of ASP/VBscript so VB.NET I figured would the easiest application programming language for me to learn. I have SAP 5.1 working but there is practiacally no accuracy even though I have trained it too my voice and it works in BVC great. I am pretty sure this is because the program has no clue what to expect me to say. I have been working on a Grammar file but I am having a hard time finding tutorials with the syntax for 5.1. I downloaded the compiled help file from the SDK but it won't work. I am going to try and have a grammar file for talking to the computer but talking to the bot there won't be any grammar file.

Tuicemen

• Administrator

Which OS are you planing on using this for?
You'll need the bot to access the grammar file as well.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Glorfindel

This is going to be on Windows. I've made a lot of progress recently. I have the Voice Recognition Engine using the dictation engine and it works surprisingly well. However I still want the grammar files for commands.

Tuicemen

• Administrator

Which version of windows are you programing this for initially?
If you wish I can have a look at your code and make some suggestions.
I've dabbled with VR for some projects.
However I've only implemented it in a couple of my own.(one Windows based the other Android based)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Glorfindel

That would be very nice! I am right now programming it and testing it on Windows XP.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

That would be very nice! I am right now programming it and testing it on Windows XP.

I am not a programmer by any means but I am an avid x10 user and use a huge amount of VR in my setup.  If you get it up and running I would be willing to beta test. I have helped Tuicemen with a few projects.  I have the ability to test on xp, vista, and win 7 64 and 32 bit. my system also incorporates many different microphone schemes from android apps to hard wired and wireless mics.  Let me know if you need beta testing your program sounds really interesting. 

>! Kenrad

Glorfindel

That would definitely be appreciated. I've decided to make this much more of a full fledged application so it could take quite a while to create and any programmers or testers would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone here seen Star Trek: Enterprise? I'm thinking about making it capable of using themes and one would be a theme from their computer. I like there look more than the LCARS one.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

That would definitely be appreciated. I've decided to make this much more of a full fledged application so it could take quite a while to create and any programmers or testers would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone here seen Star Trek: Enterprise? I'm thinking about making it capable of using themes and one would be a theme from their computer. I like there look more than the LCARS one.

I'll help however I can just let me know when you have something ready to do some testing

>! Ken

aussie mate

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: [Need Help] My Project VRAI (VOICE RECOGNITION ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE)
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »

I would also be happy to help in testing too.
I have an open mic system installed and are running my HA setup on a windows XP and a Windows 7 touchscreen and android phone and tablet.

re the star trek theme - you should have a look at the myservant touch screen interface.
It has the option of using a  LCARS themed screen and it looks pretty real.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.