Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Viewing directories/files on tablet using PC  (Read 3402 times)

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Viewing directories/files on tablet using PC
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:43 PM »

For those who want to see and change files on tablet using a PC there is a app on the market called "wifi file explorer" its really great for navigating/looking at tablet files on PC.
just thought i would share this...it's a really handy app.
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Polly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Viewing directories/files on tablet using PC
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »

For those who want to see and change files on tablet using a PC there is a app on the market called "wifi file explorer" its really great for navigating/looking at tablet files on PC.
just thought i would share this...it's a really handy app.

I have not tried the Wifi File Explorer, just looked at a review.  The app allows a web address for your Android so you can browse, stream, and download (free version) or more (approx $1 version) from the SD card in your Android device, to a computer on the same wireless network.  Saves you from having to connect with the USB cord. (With the app in a camera phone, you can leave the SD card in the phone and download wirelessly.)

I looked it up because I use a Mac and wondered about compatibility.  The photos I've taken with the Airpad 7P are only 50KB and look very grainy, but I treasure them all the same. So I might get this app.

\\\Polly

Polly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Viewing directories/files on tablet using PC
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »

I have now tried the WiFi File Explorer and here is my "first look" review.  The app was at Amazon as advertised, along with other similar apps, which I decided not to try just now. After getting it via my computer, it showed up on the Airpad 7P in the Amazon Appstore all ready to download and install. Which I did.

On the airpad side of the app, you see a web address pointing to your Android so you can browse etc from the SD cards in your Android device, to a computer on the same wireless network.  Saves you from having to connect with the USB cord.

It worked as advertised - I typed the URL into my Firefox on the MacBook and there was the app's computer side.  You navigate all over the device, both SD cards, the "internal" one and the "external" one. (On Airpad 7 that's where the 4GB are, 2GB each on two SD cards.) SD Card > DCIM is where I found the camera files. Clicking a folder name brings up its contents. There's an icon for "Back to Parent Directory".  There are choices for downloading, renaming, deleting. (I deleted a bunch of useless Mapquest files that were generated during a trip we took.)  

The photos I've taken with the Airpad 7P look disappointingly grainy on the AirPad and are only 28-30KB. But on my MacBook they look better than I expected.  I had taken a short video too, 5MB for a minute or so. It's type 3GPP, which my computer can handle just fine. But, this is strange, the video is reversed, as though seen in a mirror!  Is it the airpad's camera or the WiFi app, or Quicktime's rendition, or what? I'm not sure about the still photos now. Are they reversed too? I may get back to you on this.

The "Upload" link is present, and you can browse your computer and choose files, but at the point of actual upload you get a reminder that you need the Pro version for that.

\\\Polly
AirPad 7P owner since early Dec 2011. My first Android device.
Next - learn how to get ebooks and read them on the Kindle app.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:51:44 PM by Polly »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.