Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airpad X upgrade to ICS not working  (Read 4556 times)

interfool

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad X upgrade to ICS not working
« on: April 17, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

I downloaded the ICS from Zenithink very recently and have spent many hours trying to get it installed. Reformatted the SD micro card and put the zt-update folder on there. Even tried putting the files on the root. When I hold down the camera button and power on, it says "bypassing recovery" and then goes on to boot 2.3 instead.

I read on this forum that the ZT280.system needs to be in the zt-update folder. it doesn't exist on the version currently on the Zenithink website. Anyone know how to get around this, use a different ZT280.system file or something?

Thanks

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Airpad X upgrade to ICS not working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »

I cannot provide a lot of assistance installing non-X10 OS, but you do need to extract the file that you downloaded to the root directory of your SD card. Once it is extracted it should create the zt-update folder.

Assuming that your SD card drive is E, when you are done the extracted image file should be in this location: E:\zt-update\ . It will not work if you manually created the zt-update folder and then extracted the image into it. In that case, the image will end up in E:\zt-update\zt-update\ which will not work.

If you are installing in the the proper location, you may be using the incorrect image.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »

I downloaded the ICS from Zenithink very recently and have spent many hours trying to get it installed. Reformatted the SD micro card and put the zt-update folder on there. Even tried putting the files on the root. When I hold down the camera button and power on, it says "bypassing recovery" and then goes on to boot 2.3 instead.

I read on this forum that the ZT280.system needs to be in the zt-update folder. it doesn't exist on the version currently on the Zenithink website. Anyone know how to get around this, use a different ZT280.system file or something?

Thanks
Did you follow these steps to complete the install file?

First extract the firmware which you get or download, then you will see the "zt-update","2n","3n","3a" directroy under "android_firmware" directory.

If your model is C91_2n,please copy the four files under 2n directory to zt-update.
If your model is C91_3n,please copy the four files under 3n directory to zt-update.
If your model is C91_3a,please copy the four files under 3a directory to zt-update.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

interfool

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »

Thanks cjhallx.

How do I find out which model I have? It doesn't say on the back of the unit, just says C91 and I can't find the info in setup.

Thanks,

Lew

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:14:22 AM by interfool »

interfool

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

Ok, found the folders, on a 3rd download. How do I tell which model I have?

Thanks,

Lew
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:21:18 PM by interfool »

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »

There is a little white label on the edge of the tablet that you will find the either 2N or 3N included in the label
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.