Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very poor color rendering  (Read 3684 times)

jstromski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Very poor color rendering
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »

Just received my second AirSight indoor camera.  The camera does not render greens very well.  Greens appear brownish.  This happens in both low light and bright sunlight.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a fix?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Very poor color rendering
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »

These cameras are surveillance cameras, and do not have TV studio quality color. Part of this is due to the IR sensitivity. What is important for a security camera, is that the resolution and night vision are quite good.

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

I think what you're looking for is a camera that uses an IR cut filter.  The camera's sensor is sensitive to IR.  In order to see accurate colors during daylight a filter is needed that will attenuate IR.  There are IP cameras out there that have IR filters in front of the lens that mechanically move in front of the lens during daylight, and move out of the way of the lens at night.

jstromski

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:02:48 AM »

Ok so this has to do with IR sensitivity.  My issue is that the camera views on the X10.com promotions page for this camera depict lush green foiliage, lawn, etc..not the brown gray that I see from my camera.  I will be returning this camera based on the inaccurate color rendering.

tlsheetz

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:18:06 AM »

I feel the same way, their web site showed brilliant color and all you get is non realistic color.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »

I feel the same way, their web site showed brilliant color and all you get is non realistic color.
My take is my xx40 and xx36a shows green.

whereas my xx34a shows green as brownish color and all cameras are basically looking at the same tree.
It also shows different colors in clothing and the clothings are not necessary green..

stoneyc

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:27 PM »

I can verify the xx40a has brilliant color green is green but some of the others have brownish for geen colors but all the other colors look alright they need to add ir cut filter

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.