Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X-10 Windows 7 Blinking Video fix when using the VA12A and ActiveHome Pro  (Read 4923 times)

dannyc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

X-10 Windows 7 Blinking Video fix when using the VA12A and ActiveHome Pro
Problem: I have been working off and on since December, 2011 on making my camera systems work with the VA12A or VA13A. The video displayed on my Windows 7 64 bit PCs using VA12A always blinks. I have two different systems using the XX32A XCam PRO Daylight/Low-Light Cameras. One system has eight cameras and the other four cameras.
Problem Solution:
1.   Do a fresh down load from the X-10 Support/Download Center. “X10 USB Video Drivers: VA12A, VA11A, CM15A, CM19A   3.313 - Windows XP, Vista 32/64 bit, Windows 7 32/64 bit”.
2.   Right click your Computer on your Desktop, select Properties, Device Manager, then open “Sound, Video and Game Controllers”.
3.   Right click and Uninstall all Drivers except the VA12A.
4.   Restart you PC, your PC will now restore the other video Drivers on Start-up
Your Blinking problem should now go away. I have tried this procedure on three different Laptop PCs and the Blinking problem went away on all three.
For some reason, the VA12A will only work if it is first driver loaded.
Good luck to all!!!!
Danny

mainman134

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Can anyone tell me if this only applies to windows 7 or does this apply to vista 64 bit as well? I have several cams and the pic is fine on tv but on pc the picture is flickering or flashing to black screen to the pic. Cannot record anything on the pc with ahp because of the flashing. Please help.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes

Try it and let us know please.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.