Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Removing built in Wireless Camera from Ninja base  (Read 3663 times)

jagged

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Removing built in Wireless Camera from Ninja base
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »

Hi, I would like to use my new JVC wireless Camcorder in place of the built in X10 camera. The camera unscrews from the base, but is hard wired into the Ninja. There is an antenna on the camera unit, is this just for the camera? Does the Ninja base have an antenna inside? If this is the case, I could just cut the wires from the base to the camera, then mount my camcorder directly on the base?

Thanx!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Removing built in Wireless Camera from Ninja base
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:42:33 PM »

Take a look at the Ninja Manual.
The cover the camera was screwed to comes off and I believe there is a connector inside it to disconnect the cameras power.
http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/vk74a-om.pdf

Also be careful on how much weight you have on the Ninja base. It uses nylon gears and does not have lots of extra drive torque for cameras much heavier than an X10 one is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:05:41 PM by Brian H »

jagged

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Removing built in Wireless Camera from Ninja base
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

Hi, Thanx for the info! The new JVC everio cameras are very small and light, even though they offer full HD recording and an amazing 40X optical zoom, they only weigh 235grams with the battery. I don't think the ninja will have a problem with it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.