Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible Hacking  (Read 2563 times)

abypfcs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Possible Hacking
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:34:15 PM »

I just installed a Wifi camera and have it hooked up.  When I log on with Internet Explorer everything seems to be working fine.  I can control the camera from my computer etc.  However, today I noticed after being logged in for a couple of minutes the record turns on by itself and the first green dot at the bottom of the page starts blinking red the green.  Then I get a message that says that a website is trying to access my camera, and I select to not allow.

However the record is still on and the blinking continues at the bottom.  To stop, I must shut down Internet Explorer and restart.   And then it happens again after a few minutes.  It is like someone is trying to access my wifi or my camera.

Any thoughts on this or has anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:10:16 AM by abypfcs »

JTSpawn23

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Possible Hacking
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »

I just purchased a few of these cameras and very little effort; i was able to see that the user id and passwords (when you log into your camera via your IE browser) are being sent in the clear.  So it is quite possible that anyone with a little IT knowledge will be able to log into your cameras at will.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:20:51 PM by JTSpawn23 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.