Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Airsight Model XX39A Firmware  (Read 16663 times)

srh1950

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight Model XX39A Firmware
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:55:55 PM »

It seems that the Airsight cameras are not manufactured by X10 but possibly by Foscam or Apexis.  X10 does not have any firmware upgrades posted on their software download site.  Foscam has many firmware updates but it would be risky picking one of them without knowing for sure that it is same as used for the XX39A.  Does anyone know who actually makes the XX39A and their comparable model?  Has anyone updated firmware on the XX39A?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Airsight Model XX39A Firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »

You may get a clue to the manufacturer as it should have an FCC ID number on it.
http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:05:07 PM by Brian H »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:41 AM »

It seems that the Airsight cameras are not manufactured by X10 but possibly by Foscam or Apexis.  X10 does not have any firmware upgrades posted on their software download site.  Foscam has many firmware updates but it would be risky picking one of them without knowing for sure that it is same as used for the XX39A.  Does anyone know who actually makes the XX39A and their comparable model?  Has anyone updated firmware on the XX39A?

This camera has just been released, so there is no surprise that the firmware has not been updated yet. You are correct that X10 does not manufacture these units, but they are customized to our specifications. If you load the wrong firmware (anything that is not from X10) you will likely brick the unit. There is no updated firmware available yet for this unit.

If you are having problems with the camera, please post them here and I will try to have them addressed.

bagelsgs50

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »

It's definitely Apexis.  Just compare to the there live demo cam: http://apmcam.eicp.net:204/main.htm.

srh1950

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 04:10:31 PM »

Brian H's excellent suggestion led me to find that it is indeed an Apexis H804-WS.  Apexis does not have any firmware updates for that camera leading me to believe that it is a very new model just being released by both companies.  As time goes on, X10 and Apexis will probably have firmware updates.

Answering X10 Repair Depot's question about what I have noticed that is wrong, all of those problems have been mentioned in previous posts on this forum.  This is definitely a good product, but some refinement in software (hopefully) will make it work better and more reliably.  I can't really blame X10 for rushing this product to market because they are not the true manufacturer.

SteveH  ;D

Jezzzero

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

This camera has just been released, so there is no surprise that the firmware has not been updated yet. You are correct that X10 does not manufacture these units, but they are customized to our specifications. If you load the wrong firmware (anything that is not from X10) you will likely brick the unit. There is no updated firmware available yet for this unit.

If you are having problems with the camera, please post them here and I will try to have them addressed.

I have an issue with the camera... how can I get you to answer a couple of questions for me?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:09 AM »

I have an issue with the camera... how can I get you to answer a couple of questions for me?

Just let me know your questions and I will try to help.

sotiris

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »

How do I get this camera to work with wireless - I'm doing everything in the manual and it will only work with a wired connection.

DoD_engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »

(i decided to jump on here to try and help folks struggling with the xx39a camera.  i spent 3 days with some network engineers trying to get this camera to work as advertised.  in the end, we were VERY disappointed with the x10 interface(s).  they need to do some serious firmware upgrades.)

i also encountered problems, however this solved many problems and may work for you.  in your router settings, set up a static IP for the camera, and also do port forwarding.  if you are using IE, be sure to set all the active X settings like the manual says.  make sure to install the OCX and allow IE to run it when you are prompted.  once you get to a point where you are getting a video feed, you can reset your active X settings back to how they were before.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »

Are all IP cameras this difficult to set up?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dennisk1718

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »

I have had some success using the Mozilla Browser in both wireless and wired modes,
with no issue w.r.t. Mobile as it seems to work ok.

However I can only get the  Mobile Phone working in IE, due to the lack of the ActiveX NOT installing.

I have run thru all settings, suggested and not, for both registry and otherwise with no joy contained in Docs.

Any suggestion(s) for Win 7?

One other point...
This camera is NOT designed for any OUTDOOR usage as the Sun saturates the optics..

jrboyar

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »

In reply to Brian's question about how difficult it is to set up the XX39A, I can only say that after many, many days and 3 calls to X-10 tech support my 4 XX39A cameras will still not work over the internet via the gipcam.com ddns. I have received incomplete and sometime contradictory advice.e This is one of the  most difficult hardware and software setups I have ever seen, not tested, not clear, not well integrated, and thus not readily doable by most folks. I spent the last 15 years leading software development and this level of difficulty to acheive a successfull installation is  unacceptable. If you are thinking about buying this product, I would first read these forum issues carefully. This is not plug and play.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »

Are all IP cameras this difficult to set up?

I have the PTZ Outdoor Wireless IP Cam Cert Like New and while i am no Techno-Wizard it was easy to get a wireless connection. Im using a E2500 router and have Optimum Online. I had to set up the ACTIVE X by the maunal steps. Email & FTP setup was a little more troublesome but going line by line in the PDF Manual got me all set up. I have Godaddy with my own domain name for those steps. Email notification worked with  gmail.

All in all ive unplugged, plug up.. left uplugged 24 hours and reconnected with no problems.

After getting it totally working. i used the interface to setup a backup copy just in case.. Did a factory restore to test that ( writing down setting just in case ), and it worked fine. So far im very pleased.

OPoster this xx40a cert like new wasn't that difficult to answer your question.

irethedo

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:17 AM »

(i decided to jump on here to try and help folks struggling with the xx39a camera.  i spent 3 days with some network engineers trying to get this camera to work as advertised.  in the end, we were VERY disappointed with the x10 interface(s).  they need to do some serious firmware upgrades.)

i also encountered problems, however this solved many problems and may work for you.  in your router settings, set up a static IP for the camera, and also do port forwarding.  if you are using IE, be sure to set all the active X settings like the manual says.  make sure to install the OCX and allow IE to run it when you are prompted.  once you get to a point where you are getting a video feed, you can reset your active X settings back to how they were before.

I am struggling with the same problem getting my xx39A cameras to be listed in the SearchIPCam and have been
searching the web for answers on this for the past 2 days...

I would like to try your suggestion but my router is set dynamically and I can see my router by putting
its IP address into IE8, I'm  not sure how to set up static IP addresses for my cameras or what IP addresses to use.

Also I read that the camera firmware might need to be updated but could not find any information on how to figure out what version is loaded or how to upgrade it. Can this even be upgraded if I can't access it with my router?

Any direction on this would be appreciated

thanks

Poppey

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »

I have posted my issue with the XX39A with the subject Installing Airsight on Mac, iPhone and iPod, but after reading this posting I thought I would attempt to post my issue here as well.  I have my XX39A camera directly connected to my router.  I ran IP Scan and received the IP Address for the camera which I entered in the address line on Safari.  I receive the Login screen and enter the following:  User:  admin; Password: (blank) and Mode: Server Push.  Select Login and I don't receive anything.  Does the Mac have to be directly connected to the router as well?  I'm using WiFi on the Mac but as stated the XX39A is directly connected.  Please help.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.