Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Airsight Model XX39A Firmware  (Read 16665 times)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Airsight Model XX39A Firmware
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »

I have posted my issue with the XX39A with the subject Installing Airsight on Mac, iPhone and iPod, but after reading this posting I thought I would attempt to post my issue here as well.  I have my XX39A camera directly connected to my router.  I ran IP Scan and received the IP Address for the camera which I entered in the address line on Safari.  I receive the Login screen and enter the following:  User:  admin; Password: (blank) and Mode: Server Push.  Select Login and I don't receive anything.  Does the Mac have to be directly connected to the router as well?  I'm using WiFi on the Mac but as stated the XX39A is directly connected.  Please help.

Why not just connect the Mac to the router and see if you can get it to work that way first.. Then you know it will work with the Mac wired and can now see why it won't work wirelessly.

I would then google

"IP camera works wired but will not work wirelessly with my Mac computer"

You may find other forums with solutions... I found most of my probems fixes on other IP camera forums,.

Poppey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »

Thanks so much, I will definitely try connecting my Mac directly to my router and see if anything changes.  I'll keep you posted.

Poppey

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »

Well I directly connected my Mac and the XX39A Camera to the router and I was able to get the camera to work, however I'm still having a problem getting it to work wireless.  If I keep my Mac directly connected to my router would I then be able to connect to the camera's.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your help.

richy2

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »

Well I directly connected my Mac and the XX39A Camera to the router and I was able to get the camera to work, however I'm still having a problem getting it to work wireless.  If I keep my Mac directly connected to my router would I then be able to connect to the camera's.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your help.
Ok so we know it will work wired. With that in mind.. there is some setting that needs to be done either on your computer...router, maybe your internet company is blocking the port number you are using.

I am not using a Mac but using my computer outside my home LAN wirelessly, you can not use the camera ip address.. 192.xxx.x.103 ( which is mines.. i have to use e7489.xipcam.net ( your xx39a camera maybe airsight.net)

another difference in my setup that i didn't change was the port number..  where the manual says to change it.. since it works for me i didn't change it.

I typed in google.

Can not connect to my ip camera to Mac computer wirelessly

and the first thing in the list was

How to set up IP Camera by using a Macintosh computer

It was a pdf so i would google what i just google aboved and check out the pdf.

if Safara doesn't work. try downloading google chrome or firefox and see if they work wirelessly.

Poppey

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »

Thanks for the updated information.  I have read when attempting to connect to the IP Camera using the camera's IP Address won't work as you stated.  The articles I have read stated to use the DDSN which is specific to the camera.  That being said, do I enter my DDSN into one of the DNS fields on the router?  I have a LinkSYS Router and it has one DDSN field but if I enter the info in that field I won't have the ability to enter the DDSN for my other camera.  That's why I was asking the questions where I should enter it.  Also right now my router is setup as Dynamic Address, is this ok or should it be setup as Static.  You have been very helpful and I greatly apprecaite it.

I forgot one thing.  You stated "I am not using a Mac but using my computer outside my home LAN wirelessly, you can not use the camera ip address.. 192.xxx.x.103 ( which is mines.. i have to use e7489.xipcam.net ( your xx39a camera maybe airsight.net)"  Considering my camera ip address is the same, I more than likely have to use (g9361.xpam.com/80)
correct?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:07:30 PM by Poppey »

richy2

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

Thanks for the updated information.  I have read when attempting to connect to the IP Camera using the camera's IP Address won't work as you stated.  The articles I have read stated to use the DDSN which is specific to the camera.  That being said, do I enter my DDSN into one of the DNS fields on the router?  I have a LinkSYS Router and it has one DDSN field but if I enter the info in that field I won't have the ability to enter the DDSN for my other camera.  That's why I was asking the questions where I should enter it.  Also right now my router is setup as Dynamic Address, is this ok or should it be setup as Static.  You have been very helpful and I greatly apprecaite it.
Lets see if i can help you out...

First.. i have a linksys router E2500.. if you want to know everything about any routers setup.. go to http://portforwarding.com and if can show you  how to set up.

Secondly.. the DDNS field in my router  E3500 is disabled and has nothing entered.

Thirdly... in my routers port forwarding.. i have the ip address 192.x.x.x and port number entered.

the only place i use the DDNS URL is in the address bar of my computer, cell phone browser, tablet and or ipad. if im away from my home network
I also give my DDNS URL to anyone that wants to view my camera... want to try? here mines

http://e7489.xipcam.com < this is my ddns
user name guest
password guest

If all your cameras are set up correctly, in the cameras software under the multi-device settings is where you can enter the url for each camera.
the ddns for the cameras to view away from home each number would be different on the camera

for example if i had more than one
http://e7489.xipcam.com
http://e7487.xipcam.com
http://e7486.xipcam.com and so on... for example.

It would help to know if your camera came with a ddns that is no longer in service and would have to be changed.
If it is correct, without being able to see if the ddns status in the software is working i am assuming your camera(s) were working prior to you leaving the location you set them up at.

stoneyc

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »

if anyone uses blue iris version 3 or higher on the airsight ptz pro camera these are the best settings ive found o get the best fps here there are if your interested under ip camera setup use the apexis APM-jxxx/6xx for camera and the Apexis APM j0xx/6xx for ptz controls then in blue iris reverse the zoom feature these cameras are made by Apexis
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.