Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cam xc36a ...HELP  (Read 7163 times)

desi77

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
cam xc36a ...HELP
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »

I been trying to get some help but no luck so far...
i figured out everything but how to see my cam from outside of my home.

...external ip changes all the time on my pc (every day new) so if you are away from home more than day you wouldn't know the external ip...than how do you log to your camera?

c9711gipcam.com:port    works at home not out side. 

someone please help me out

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: cam xc36a ...HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »

Desi77,

You have to enable port forwarding in your router and / or internet modem. This is the difficult part of setting up remote access because it needs to be set up in your router and every one is different.

Do an internet search for the model of your router and "port forwarding" you should be able to find instructions.

Once this is set up, the camera automatically notifies the DDNS server when your external IP changes. Also, you should not be able to access the camera from home when you are using the external address (c9711gipcam.com:port)

This blog post is excellent and it may help you get it set up:
http://ipcamnetwork.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/acessing-your-camera-from-the-internet/

desi77

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »

Thanks for getting back

i have set up my ports.....for example i picked 7777 in my camera for ports... than in port forwarding i open 7777 to 8888 both (check mark on)

i can see my camera form out side with latest external ip number :port# that i set up.

What else could i be missing? yes i will see that link too..i have seen it before but i will check out again thanks

desi77

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »

i notice step 4 in that link, well dnsdyn isn't free... there are few other thirdparty ddns that comes with camera which are in Chinese, and one of them doesn't exist at all.  Why so few option in 3rd party ddns service? Also when i called x10 they told me i don't need to use them use the "manufacture provided" which is c9711gipcam.com  and in your post said "it won't work form out side" so bit confused about that too.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »

i notice step 4 in that link, well dnsdyn isn't free... there are few other thirdparty ddns that comes with camera which are in Chinese, and one of them doesn't exist at all.  Why so few option in 3rd party ddns service? Also when i called x10 they told me i don't need to use them use the "manufacture provided" which is c9711gipcam.com  and in your post said "it won't work form out side" so bit confused about that too.

Do not use a 3rd party DDNS, just use the manufacturer provided DDNS. It will work fine and it is free.

The DDNS address will not work from inside your home, it will only work from outside of your local router.  If you are at your home, then you would view the camera by using the IP camera tool.

desi77

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:28:25 AM »

well if i am should be using c9711gipcam.. thats is the manufacturing ddns..it won't work from out side. then i a problem...it works from home but not from outside, any suggestions?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:58:19 AM »

Please refer to my first post in this thread. You need to enable port forwarding in your router and / or modem. I cannot help you with this - you will need to seek assistance from the manufacturer of those devices.

If you can access the camera inside, then the camera is working fine.  If you can reach the camera by using the DDNS address while inside of your home, then I suspect that port forwarding is not set up correctly.

desi77

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:55 AM »

If you can access the camera inside, then the camera is working fine.  If you can reach the camera by using the DDNS address while inside of your home, then I suspect that port forwarding is not set up correctly.

okay i will double check my ports than, but if my ports were not set up correctly than i wouldn't be able to log into my camrea from outside with external ip right?

I can log into camera from out side with latest external ip
i can log into camera with ddnn at home
i can log into camera with the ip number that i gave it...

anyone would like to suggest anything?

desi77

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »

If you can access the camera inside, then the camera is working fine.  If you can reach the camera by using the DDNS address while inside of your home, then I suspect that port forwarding is not set up correctly.

okay i will double check my ports than, but if my ports were not set up correctly than i wouldn't be able to log into my camrea from outside with external ip right?

I can log into camera from out side with latest external ip
i can log into camera with manufacturing ddnn at home
i can log into camera with the ip number that i gave it...

anyone would like to suggest anything?

ps: my modem is in a bridge mode. could that have anything to do with my issue?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:07:02 PM by desi77 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.