Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best Android Video Player for large files  (Read 4399 times)

dberk

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Best Android Video Player for large files
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:03 PM »

Newbie question.  ???

Using 4.0.3 on an XL. When I watch large .avi files, I notice that you can't fast-forward using the drag bar past a certain point. I assume that this is some inherent limitation due to Android? Does anyone know of a video player that is more accomodating for large video files? I have tried several from the market.

Thanks,
dberk

ce_runner

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Best Android Video Player for large files
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »

dberk... I have had good luck with MX player on some large MKV on a P7. If the video is on the USB port, the speed of the card could affect the ability to fast forward or drag the bar. cj

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »

dberk - - what steps did you have to do BEYOND the standard install to get 4.0.3 working?

What are you missing with 4.0.3 or does everything seem to work fine. 

dberk

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »

dberk - - what steps did you have to do BEYOND the standard install to get 4.0.3 working?

What are you missing with 4.0.3 or does everything seem to work fine. 

Jimdi - will PM you my steps (can't take credit for them...i'm android illiterate)

dberk

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »

Newbie question.  ???

Using 4.0.3 on an XL. When I watch large .avi files, I notice that you can't fast-forward using the drag bar past a certain point. I assume that this is some inherent limitation due to Android? Does anyone know of a video player that is more accomodating for large video files? I have tried several from the market.

Thanks,
dberk

I guess I fixed my problem, or paid somebody else to....

Went to Boilsoft.com and bought their VideoSplitter for $35. The free ones were causing me trouble. Plus, I had a lot of files to do in a short time, and the software has an option to not re-encode the splits, so you can lose no quality, and pick your split file size. It did a great job, and it did it quickly. A two hour avi file split into 3 files in 5 minutes or less.

Using the stock player in 4.0.3, it just automatically jumps from split 1 to split 2 to split 3, and you can use the bar to navigate within the split. I just picked a number of splits that would make the splits less than 1GB.

Thanks to those who read my question and offered suggestions.

dberk

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.