Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: router smouter  (Read 7915 times)

mrdana

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
router smouter
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »

B:(I just got my xx39A. I use a mobile hotspot on my Galaxy Tab for my network. I got my wireless printer to work on this network using a static IP address. My laptop also connects.
The instructions say even if you want to use wireless you should first hook up the camera using a cable. It says to plug camera into router. I don't have a "router" so I just pluged the camera into my laptop. The camera moved around some as if doing a set up. I loaded the disk and pressed the "search IPcam icon. Only one choice comes up;

Name: IPcamera
IP address: 192.168.1.155
MAC address: 00:62:6E:43:OC:5A (somewhere I got the idea this is also my device ID. True?)
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Web port 80
Data port: 38401

I select this and get the message; "Subnets do not match, firstly, please set the network parameters" (at least it said please!)
Then this comes up;

IP address 192.168.1.155
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS Server 192.168.1.1

Huh?

What do I do next?

I tried clicking IPCamClient icon and get user name and password deal. It says in the guide the default is name: Admin
                                                   password: no password

Just Get:  " user name or password error"

I'm stuck. Ive tried a few things including doing the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 thing. I've reset twice using the reset on back of camera and uninstalling and reinstalling. Same thing.

Thanks, I know I'm an idiot but a very experienced idiot.

p.s. I have yet to get any camera view.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
Re: router smouter
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

One of the jobs of a router is to be the focal point of all your devices.  your camera is looking for that focal point. you might try changing the gateway of your camera to the IP address of your laptop to do it the way it is connected.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:53:15 PM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

mrdana

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »

That makes sense but I haven't figured out how to find the IP for my laptop. When I type IP address it gives me the camera IP and my Printer IP. On the printer I set the IP manually as static and that works now.
I will try to find it but It could take me days.

Thank you for your response,
mrdana

stpudk

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »

try going to ...  http://whatsmyip.org       it will display your ip address in large letters at the top of the page

mrdana

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »

Thanks. Looks like a good site. Now I have my IP I'll see what I can do with it. :)

mrdana

mrdana

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »

ONE MORE TIME and then it's time for class action law suit.

NAME          IP address        MAC address             Gateway     webport
IP camera  192.168.1.155   00:62:6E:43:0C:5A   192.168.1.1    80

This is what comes up when I hit searchIPCam.
It is the only option so I double click and this comes up;

"subnets do not match, firstly, please set network parameters"
I hit OK and this comes up;

IP adress           192.168.1.155
subnet mask      255.255.255.0
gateway             192.168.1.1
DNS server         192.168.1.1

web port             80
data port            38401
mobile port         2012
RSTP port            554
user                    admin
password             _________

If I change anything,ANYTHING, and press it says;

"illegal gateway address"
or,
"illegal subnet address"

I'm at the end of my rope. I called Verizon to find an IP for my mobile hot spot and was told it was dynamic ONLY.
I have a hp 7510 wireless printer and I got that set up on my network and I can print from anywhere there is internet.(thats a whole other story. I trouble shot the first one and after 20 hours discovered it was a faulty out the box. The replacement worked fine.)

Is that what I have here? A piece O' junk?

I doubt x10 will overnight me a new unit like HP did.

What looks wrong/right with the above info.
I'll give anybody whatever info it takes to get this thing running even if it exposes me to all the hackers. (But remember, I think hackers should be burned alive. Really.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »

B:(I just got my xx39A. I use a mobile hotspot on my Galaxy Tab for my network. I got my wireless printer to work on this network using a static IP address. My laptop also connects.
The instructions say even if you want to use wireless you should first hook up the camera using a cable. It says to plug camera into router. I don't have a "router" so I just pluged the camera into my laptop.

Sorry I could not respond earlier...

You must connect the camera with the network cable to a router and your computer to the router (wired or wireless). This is an essential first step. If you do not have a router, you will need to find someone who does.

You cannot directly connect the camera to your PC.

mrdana

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »

Sorry. I will try to adjust my attitude.

My computer shows both my wifi and wireless lan are enabled and connected.
I am using a brand new HP g6 laptop with windows 7.  From the start things are bad.
First off there is no way to change activeX settings on this machine like it says to on page 8 of the xx39a manual. There is no mention of activeX in the g6 manual. Not in the contents, not in the index so I'm dead in the water. I do know what activeX is going back to win98. I bought this machine for the express purpose of using a wireless eprinter and a remote camera. Currently I am searching the microsoft forums for an answer to this. (see why it makes me so nuts) I'm now on three forums looking to hook up this camera.
I did get the printer to work as it should. I am not rich and a mobile hot spot has worked very well with my HTC Thunderbolt, my Pre'+, my HP Touchpad, and my Samsung Galaxy Tab (the Tab has my mobile hotspot).
So your saying I'm sol? I'm not about to buy a router because then I'll have to go on more forums to get that to work. I'm sorry but I believe it is possible to get this to work. If it can route my printer it should be able to route this camera.
1)I have wireless internet access.
2)I have a wifi network
3)I have a lan connection from the camera through my PC and to the internet(mobile hotspot up to five devices.
What about bluetooth? Is this camera not wifi capable?
Sorry, it is what is and I won't give up. If I do I may as well chuck all this stuff and go live in a log.

Thanks for letting me vent but I'm pretty sure I'm not done yet. I would not blame you if you block me from the site.
I have found that I don't like win 7 very much. So I am again screwed, screwed, and screwed.
I have 20 hours (not counting the printer hassel) in this now and I can't let it go.

mrdana(dip s**t) Ya, that's right, I know it.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »

As I said yesterday...

You must connect the camera with the network cable to a router and your computer to the router (wired or wireless). This is an essential first step. If you do not have a router, you will need to find someone who does.

You cannot directly connect the camera to your PC.

The router will assign an IP address to the camera and this is required to configure the camera to work with wifi. This is not unique to our cameras - I am not aware of any that are configured differently than this.

Once you connect to the camera through a wired connection, it is easy to connect to a wireless router. However, I suspect that connecting through a mobile android hotspot will add challenges that will be difficult to work through. You would probably be best off purchasing a cheap wifi router. I am nearly certain that you will not be able to enable port forwarding in your hotspot which will be required to view the camera remotely (if this is what you are planning to do).

whatthe

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »

What if I change my browser? On page 11 section 2.5.2 it says if using a different browser to change the IP segment of the computer to the same as that of the camera and then plug the camera directly into the computer via network cable. I don't think I want to change my browser just yet.
I think I should first try to, "change my subnet to match". It says my subnet does not match. Would the next step not be to make the subnet match, what ever that means. I down loaded an 8 page explaination of a subnetwork from Wikipedia and it seems very through but aaarrrrg, my brain just can not wrap itself around it. I think there is enough info that it would take a whole semester at a university just to understand a subnet. Klubtracker seems to be on the right track but his explaination still eludes me.

I am no longer in a hurry to get this baby working which is a good thing but I  >*<am now on a tech mission. I've hit the wall before but unfortunately that's never stoped me before. I will try to only post one question a week for the comunities sake. lol

Thanks so far. mrdana     >*<

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »

You may have to use a crossover type cable if you connect the camera directly to the computer and not through a network or router.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »

You may have to use a crossover type cable if you connect the camera directly to the computer and not through a network or router.

My bet is you can delete the "may" in that statement.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

whatthe

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »

Do you mean the physical pin outs on a network cable?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »

Yes. The normal network cable is not made to connect a computer to another device also meant to connect to a network.
A cross over cable has a different pinout so the transmit and receive signals match on both devices.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »

I'll add to that. The green and orange pairs in a 4 pair cat5 cable are the TX and RCV wires. A crossover cable just has these wires swapped in one connector.  The brown pair and blue pair remain the same.  Without the crossover cable or a router, both devices are trying to transmit data on the same pair, and hear nothing on their respective receive channel.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.