Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lights blink when armed - until I move the SocketRocket  (Read 2586 times)

rgprior

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lights blink when armed - until I move the SocketRocket
« on: May 26, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »

I didn't see an issue like mine posted anywhere, so here is a new piece of fun to be had.  I have the SC1200 and set up HOUSECODE & LIGHTCODE to D, 8. Testing in my bedroom, the system works fine. Armed from the remote, the lamp with the SocketRocket blinks. I can even turn the light on and off from a minicontroller.  When I tried the SocketRocket in an outside fixture (switch turned "on" of course) if failed to blink when the system was armed.  Putting the SocketRocket back in my bedroom, it worked fine.  To troubleshoot, I took the lamp with the SocketRocket to the bathroom next to my bedroom, plugged it in and arming would not work.  I started moving it all over the house and it would not work.  Sometimes the minicontroller would work from a different wall socket than the lamp, sometimes it wouldn't.  I hope the solution is something simple.  I so want to kill off ADT...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Lights blink when armed - until I move the SocketRocket
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »

You probably have a phase coupling issue or power line noise killing the signals to the Socket Rocket.
X10 power line signals have a problem getting from one half of the homes wiring on one phase to the other.
You will need to do some trouble shooting and probably get a phase coupler to provide X10 signals a path between the homes split phase power feed.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
http://www.act-remote.com/PCC/uncle.htm

rgprior

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Lights blink when armed - until I move the SocketRocket
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »

Thank you for the lead.  I checked it out and will give it a try.  I'll report back with my results.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.