Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: USB CHARGING WITH ICS  (Read 6788 times)

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
USB CHARGING WITH ICS
« on: May 27, 2012, 07:06:38 PM »

OK I noticed while flashing one version of ICS to another ...
!
That when you plug the airpad with ICS into you PC it starts charging.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: USB CHARGING WITH ICS
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »

All of our tablets will not charge properly when it is connected to a USB charger.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »

The XL draws a lot of current, it may actually burn out you USB controller over time if you use it for charging.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »

If your USB Charger has a 2000ma capacity it will charge the Airpad XL without burning  out the charger.
If you can't charge via the USB then why does X10 not offer a car charger with the proper round barrel plug and a home charger with a longer cord?

cjhallx

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »

If your USB Charger has a 2000ma capacity it will charge the Airpad XL without burning  out the charger.
If you can't charge via the USB then why does X10 not offer a car charger with the proper round barrel plug and a home charger with a longer cord?

It took no time at all on eBay to find a multitude of cigarette lighter adapters that you can plug the USB cord into. 
I hope that this is some help
Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Bullet-Dual-USB-2-Port-Car-Charger-Adaptor-for-iPhone-4-4g-iPod-Touch-/320869212002?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4ab54b9f62

I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 08:24:44 AM »

My note was more of an "observation" rather than a reccomendation.

daldude

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »

It took no time at all on eBay to find a multitude of cigarette lighter adapters that you can plug the USB cord into. 
I hope that this is some help
Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Bullet-Dual-USB-2-Port-Car-Charger-Adaptor-for-iPhone-4-4g-iPod-Touch-/320869212002?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4ab54b9f62

Wow! That sucker is 2.1 amps!!  :o That's more then enough current.  ;D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:22:06 AM »

X10 Repair Depot says they will not charge properly through the USB Jack.
If the tablets internal electronics doesn't properly support charging through the USB Jack. The 2.1 Amps doesn't mean a thing.

cjhallx

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »

The XL draws a lot of current, it may actually burn out you USB controller over time if you use it for charging.
Using a cigarette charger has plenty of current to charge the tablet.
Hopefully X-10 can clarify on this. Thanks.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

From the manufacturer:

The original 7" airpad - will not charge through the USB port
Airpad X - will not charge through the USB port
Airpad 7p and XL - will charge slowly through the USB port, however the battery will never fully charge. 

I do not know if any unit will be damaged by using a USB charger that can output 2+ amps.

daldude

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »

From the manufacturer:

The original 7" airpad - will not charge through the USB port
Airpad X - will not charge through the USB port
Airpad 7p and XL - will charge slowly through the USB port, however the battery will never fully charge. 

I do not know if any unit will be damaged by using a USB charger that can output 2+ amps.

Then it is a Must for X10 to provide a Car Charger and extra home charger or provide a link to a approved car charger and extra home charger because if one is on the road they don't have access to a 120 volt AC outlet and if they have kids that get board and start to complain once their Tablets battery dies they will be unhappy parents. Also what if the original charger goes bad the tablet will be useless if it can't be charged. The cord could get a what is incorrectly called short in it or the transformer could go bad.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »

Then it is a Must for X10 to provide a Car Charger and extra home charger or provide a link to a approved car charger and extra home charger because if one is on the road they don't have access to a 120 volt AC outlet and if they have kids that get board and start to complain once their Tablets battery dies they will be unhappy parents. Also what if the original charger goes bad the tablet will be useless if it can't be charged. The cord could get a what is incorrectly called short in it or the transformer could go bad.

Why don't you just get a cigartte lighter plug inverter??
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-100-Watt-Plug-Inverter/14560011

"incorrectly called a short"?? What do you call it when the + wire twists and touches the - wire in the output connector? What do you call it when the final filter cap in the supply develops zero resistance between the plus and negative terminals (I used to call that a "short")?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.