Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Air Sight constantly reboots when Motion Detection is activated  (Read 4541 times)

lwt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I recently purchased 2 of the Air Sight XX39A cameras. They work well for viewing and panning. However when I turn on motion-detection they become useless and inaccessible. They just go into a constant reboot state. They reboot pan around, the light comes on for about 10 seconds, then goes dark, and then they start all over again.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Air Sight constantly reboots when Motion Detection is activated
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »

That issue is caused by a firmware bug. I received the latest firmware today and that problem appears to be fixed.

Unless I find a problem with the firmware, I will post it here tomorrow.

lwt

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

The new firmware does seem to fix this problem on my cameras as well as a couple of other minor issues I was having.

Linderhof

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »

+1 on the new firmware not addressing the motion detect, reboot issue.  Also, the IPCamClient software that controls multiple cams no longer works with the new firmware.  Even the updated version (1.9.0.24) doesn't work.  One step forward and five steps back.   B:(

oboysdad

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »

+2

Linderhof

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »

The update to the IPCamClient software strangely started to work but the cameras still exhibited anomalies such as losing connection via WiFi and losing settings for motion detection.  Too frustrating to troubleshoot.  21 days from purchase for full refund but 30 days from issue of RMA, so in essence, a clock reset.  This is clearly spelled out in the X10 Return/RMA Policy.  Any such deviation would be a violation of consumer protection laws.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept.  It just fails to live up to the marketing hype.

oboysdad

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »

Not sure I understand your clock reset comment, but I'm in Maine and my camera died within the 30 days, and even if it didn't, Maine's one of those states where limited warranties basically don't apply. We have an implied warranty law that states that products are expected to be functionally marketable for up to 4 years, depending on the product; the only retailers excepted by the law are used car dealers, and last time I checked, X10.com isn't selling any used cars. And I can assure you, I wouldn't be buying one from them if they were, since they can't even get it right with new products.

I've sent 2 emails to support in the last week about my now dead camera and I have yet to receive a response. Their phone support is only available during my work hours. I could call them from work, but I assume they are going to want to try to troubleshoot it, although it's dead so I don't know why they would. I've read that posting on Facebook has better response but I'm not on Facebook and don't wish to get on just for this.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.