Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update  (Read 34240 times)

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:39:12 AM »

I have tested the latest BIOS update for the XX39A, and it is much better than the original BIOS.

THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON THE XX39A, WHICH IS LABELED XC39A ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CAMERA.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE ON ANY OTHER MODEL.

Download this zip file and extract it. It contains 1 folder that contains 2 files.
ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airsight/XX39Ainterfacesoft.zip

1) Connect the camera using a wired network connection.
2) Enter the camera's web interface.
3) Select the "params setting" button. The hammer and wrench button in the upper right hand corner.
4) Select "system tool"
5) Press the update device software browse button, and navigate to the folder that contains the file. Press the start button.
6) After several minutes the camera will reboot. At this time, shut down the browser and log onto the camera again.
7) Repeat this procedure for the device's web UI.

Please let me know if any additional problems are found.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:36:55 PM by X10 Repair Depot »

bagelsgs50

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »

Thats's great! Can you elaborate on what features are fixed/improved? Thanks!

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »

I already asked the factory for that information, and all they said was that they fixed the things that did not work - they could not provide any additional information.

bluenote

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »

Just to confirm, which file is for which purpose?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »

When you select each option, it will only show you the proper file.

Film35HD

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »

Hello.

I installed the firmware and that seemed to go okay. Then I went to do the web user interface and now I can't talk to the camera - I only get "undefined" in a lot of fields on the interface log-in screen.  I can attempt to admin into it, but nothing happens after I type the log-in and password.  I have tried a power-cycle at the camera, then a paper-clip-inserted hard reset, but to no avail.

Now I have a dead camera, it seems, unless you can get me back into accessing it.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »

Hello.

I installed the firmware and that seemed to go okay. Then I went to do the web user interface and now I can't talk to the camera - I only get "undefined" in a lot of fields on the interface log-in screen.  I can attempt to admin into it, but nothing happens after I type the log-in and password.  I have tried a power-cycle at the camera, then a paper-clip-inserted hard reset, but to no avail.

Now I have a dead camera, it seems, unless you can get me back into accessing it.

It sounds like something went wrong with the update. Send me a PM with your order number and email address, I will have an RA issued.

Film35HD

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »

Hello.

It sounds like something went wrong with the update. Send me a PM with your order number and email address, I will have an RA issued.

Thank you very much.  I have 2 cameras that are both down now, and will e-mail you at support for an RMA.  I hope you can get me two replacements quickly - but I am afraid to put any new firmware on them at this time.

billmakr

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »

#1 Does this update work or not as the poster has said it bricked  :-\2 cameras. he may have made the same mistake twice but judging by your quality control I would be more likely to believe there is a problem with update.

#2 Are we forced to connect to camera via a hard wire to do this update ? I have 10 cameras all mounted and would require a scissor lift to connect back with a cable. Will the wireless cameras not work wirelessly well enough to update the firmware?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »

#1 Does this update work or not as the poster has said it bricked  :-\2 cameras. he may have made the same mistake twice but judging by your quality control I would be more likely to believe there is a problem with update.

#2 Are we forced to connect to camera via a hard wire to do this update ? I have 10 cameras all mounted and would require a scissor lift to connect back with a cable. Will the wireless cameras not work wirelessly well enough to update the firmware?

1 - I don't think that there is problem with the firmware. We have installed it on many units without any problems.

2 - The unit absolutely must be connected via a hard wired LAN connection to ensure that the unit is updated correctly.

bagelsgs50

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »

I updated my camera with the new firmware.  However, it was not at all obvious which file was for which update.  When I went to choose the file it did not set the file filter to tell me which file to use.

The sound on the camera is still really bad.  I hear a lot of loud static noise and other sounds come in very muffled. 

I turned on the motion detection just to see if that still made the camera go crazy it seemed not to mess up the camera.  I didn't fully test to see if it recorded anything though.

Film35HD

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »

Here is exactly what I did - possibly to help you all:

My first camera had these issues out-of-the-box: Setting it up at a static, locked-down shot hung inside a living room picture window looking out, about 4-5 times per day, it would turn itself in and point to the hanging vertical blinds.

My camera hangs upside-down, so I active the mirror and "FLIP" commands.  But with every change the camera self-made pointing back inside, the "flip" - while still remaining checked, was in fact not activated, so I had to un-check and re-check it to get the proper picture.  The "mirror" apparently stuck and kept its setting.

At sunset, the OUTDOOR setting had problems setting the iris for light change.  It would quickly pulse between open and shut - like a strobe light in a disco.  A change to 60Hz and back to OUTDOOR would not solve it.  I had to use the web browser control, last tab, System, and do a soft re-boot.  Now I was set for overnight shots. 

At sunrise, most times, the iris would be fine.  But even then, the camera often turned itself back inside to the vertical blinds, so I had to turn it back to face outside, leaving me without coverage overnight.

If the camera did keep its shot pointed out to the courtyard and mailbox, the iris would often not be okay and the sun-light confused it like at sunset.  This time, the cure was different: a 60Hz, and back to OUTDOOR reset would solve it; unlike at sunset, where a soft re-boot was the only cure.

---
On Camera #1:
I loaded the new firmware as specified at the SAME time as the new web browser, and both fields were available to do them at once.  The camera then worked for a good 5-10 minutes.  After that, the web access was full of "undefined" fields and I can't log back on again.  But atleast I get the basic web user interface log-on screen, unlike ...

On newly-arrived Camera #2:
I thought maybe I shouldn't have loaded the web interface and camera firmware at the same time, even though the 2 empty fields seemed to allow it, so this time with Cam #2, I loaded the firmware first.  That went okay.  Then I clicked to load the web user interface - as instructed here by X10.  The system (computer and web browser) seemed to be going through the motions, but in fact it had locked-up and never came back.  After leaving it a few hours, I was forced to re-boot the camera, sticking a paper-clip into the rear hole, and after a power-cycle would not bring the camera back.  Only then did the web browser report a non-responsive web page.

Now when I try to access the camera, unlike Camera #1, I get no response.  The web browser times-out after 4 minutes stating that the 192. address is not responding.

X10 is allowing me to return both cameras, and I've ordered Camera #3 to start over.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.  Happy to help when I can.

Film35HD

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »

When you select each option, it will only show you the proper file.

Not true for me - it showed both the .aps and .apc for both fields, camera firmware and web user interface.

billmakr

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »

:( downloaded the latest and did upgrade on one of my cameras. Files downloaded and unzipped fine. followed your directions and unzipped, installed the host firmware first, rebooted, updated ui software,rebooted. while on wire could see and use camera. when I set to use wireless I did a search and it found my wep encrypted ap and correctly identified type of wep (open) and defaulted to key one. I put in correct key and saved. it rebooted and would never connect to ap. I tried an experiment and changed my ap to no encryption and tried the cameras using search function and it found the ap and connected ok. This is the first thing that is still NOT FIXED. Will continue to post as I test further. Did no one in tech support think to test this necessary requirement for wireless networking?

BigJack

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »

Billmakr,
Had the same problem. With the help of tech support I changed my wireless encryption to wpa-2 aes, works fine now.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.