Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera Settings 60,50 & Outdoor or When Its bright Outdoors  (Read 3503 times)

gvernt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Have 5 cameras working somewhat, but towards the afternoon when the sun seems the brightist the camera goes into alarm mode and the web picture appears to be flashing bright, dim, bright, dim...etc which is probably causing the alarm condition to trigger. What is causing the flashing when the sun hits the driveway or pool area?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Camera Settings 60,50 & Outdoor or When Its bright Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »

You did not indicate which model that you have, but if you have the XX36A (the all metal non-panning outdoor camera), try adjusting the sun shade that is on the top of the camera. It is hard to move, but it is adjustable.

If this is being caused bu a reflection from a pool, perhaps you could create a sun shade for the bottom of the camera.

You can also try to reduce the motion sensing sensitivity.

gvernt

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »

Have the XX34A and XX36A. Both cameras do the flickering when the sun is out causing the alarm condition. Alarm sensitivity is down to "1".

Film35HD

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »

Have the XX34A and XX36A. Both cameras do the flickering when the sun is out causing the alarm condition. Alarm sensitivity is down to "1".

Hello X10.  Thank you for your help here, as always.

My 3rd camera arrived with the new firmware already installed, and the problem of the camera turning itself around to point inside has been resolved!  THANK YOU!!

Now, all that needs to be addressed is the "flickering" caused by the auto-iris during adverse light changes.  This happens during sunset for me, and not at sunrise.  At sunset, a change of the 60Hz/OUTDOOR setting to Outdoor (which is where it is always left on) won't cure this - only a soft re-set under the SYSTEM tab will fix it (this also moves the camera to point elsewhere, so after a reset I still need to point the camera back outside using a preset).

I also have a WiFi issue with the new update - it won't show any WiFi networks after the "SEARCH" button is hit; this used to work with the pre-firmware update pair of cameras I had.  I will call tech support and address this issue with them.

Thanks again!

bluenote

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »

I have this and similar problems.  It also seems like the IR cut filter doesn't work.
Anyone else can chime in?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.