Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX36A loses wireless connection at sundown, reconnects in a.m.  (Read 2816 times)

l3v3l1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Every night the camera loses its wireless connection and is fine in the morning.
any ideas?
thanks Jason

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: XX36A loses wireless connection at sundown, reconnects in a.m.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 06:35:58 AM »

That's an odd one. If this happens every day, I doubt that it is a bad camera. It is most likely a configuration problem.

Can other devices connect to your router at night? Perhaps the router is configured to only allow the camera (or all devices) to connect during certain times. There are some time settings in the camera setup relating to motion detection.

l3v3l1

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »

the router is fine with other items at night, i viewed the camera last night. At sundown it began to flash between night vision and regular vision a few times,then lost connection
jason

Film35HD

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »

the router is fine with other items at night, i viewed the camera last night. At sundown it began to flash between night vision and regular vision a few times,then lost connection
jason

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with that issue...

See my earlier post about the same issue.  Only a software reboot (on the System menu tab) would solve the auto-iris going from vast light changes.  The 60Hz/Outdoor reset will work for sunrise, but not for sunset.

I have sent 2 cameras back during a problem with the firmware update.  My 3rd camera just arrived today and I'll report back.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.