Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easy Wireless File Transfers  (Read 4331 times)

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Easy Wireless File Transfers
« on: June 09, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

To Take advantage of the wireless capabilities to transfer files ie...music, movies or apk's you can setup an ftp server on your PC and use an ftp client on tablet. I have noticed people are having problems with USB connections, weather it be drivers on the PC side or setting up the AIRPAD USB connection. This method is a one time quick setup and will make transfers easy.

On the PC go to filezilla-project.org and download the SERVER application, do the setup and add a user account (adding a Password is not required) and directory (this is where you should put your tablet files for transfer) in settings. open a command prompt window (DOS window) and type "ipconfig" without quotes it will give you the PC's IP number.

on Tablet download an ftp client from google play I grabed AndFTP. start up app and add IP address of PC (FTP SERVER) and select the default starting folder ( on mine it found it after I put in ftp server address ) , tap save then tap connect and transfer files to/from PC. you can change where you want files to go but the default is SDCARD.

Hope this is helpful, message me if you have any setup issues and i will try to assist.

The advantage of using a FTP server is that u can download the client FTP program and use it on your other computers to transfer files between PC's.

H
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:24:51 AM by hairface »
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

ce_runner

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Easy Wireless File Transfers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »

There are also a couple of products that allow wireless transfers to the Airpads without formal FTP:
Wifi Explorer and Wifi File Transfer. Both are available from Google Play. For those of you who are intimidated by FTP, these two products give you a clean web based interface to transfer files. It helps to have Root capabilities to write to the extsd mount.. cj

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Easier than that ...download ES FILE Explorer.    Setup any folders you want shared on your windows network, then in ES FILE EXPLORER choose server and scan, and it find all computers with shared drives on your network... and you can drag and drop to them just like local drives.   you can even play music, movies, and photos from the shared drives.   Easyˇ

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »

I have found ES FILE EXPLORER to be very easy to use as well. 
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

hairface

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:50 AM »

The problem with ES File Explorer is that it only finds your windows machines, my linux boxes do not show up.

H

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »

D'oh!, that is a problem.  :)
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »

Hello!

I have a simple question to ask. I have decided to return my AirPad, it is not what I need, so I like to down load all apps to SD card. These apps should have been downloaded to the SD card to start with, but I see nothing on it and shows just about the full amount of 16 G.

So how do I do it? Please give full instructions. Thanks for your time.

IPS

hairface

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »

Titanium backup will work but u need to change the default backup location to the extsd not the sdcard it's under preferences

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.