Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Garage help  (Read 10035 times)

msb113

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
My Garage help
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »

Okay, first new to all of this... All i want to do is to open and close my garage door from my phone and have a status of open or closed... I purchased the My Garage and have the software downloads and the equipment that was sent (DS12A & CM19A)  something tells me this is NOT all I need? Is that correct and if so what else do I need? UM506?

Thanks for any help and you can stop laughing now... lol

Mark

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: My Garage help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

You did also get AHP and On Alert with your purchase?
Did the AHP with CM19A Interface also come with a TM751 to get X10 RF commands from it to the power lines?
The sales page says a UM506 Universal Module Required no longer sold by X10  ???
http://www.x10.com/promotions/sw48a_cat_hm.html?NCAT#

Does your garage Door Opener use a simple push button control or a more elaborate one with things like clocks and light controls?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:10:30 PM by Brian H »

msb113

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »

First off, thank you very much for your help.

I have all the software downloads... ActiveHome Professional Software (SW31A), OnAlert Home Security Solution (SW39A) and MyGarage (SW48A).

The equipment that was sent was    Door/Window Sensor (DS12A) and    Wireless PC Transceiver (CM19A)  that was it... What else do I need?

Dont know what the TM751 is.

It is a simple push button... 2 wire bell system

Thanks again, Mark
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:10:04 PM by msb113 »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »

I think you need to send a pm to x10repair depot.  You're clearly missing a couple of key parts.  CM19 without a tm751 is worthless, unless you have a rr501, or security system from x10, or a cm15a.  Don't know how to interface the garage door opener without a um506.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

msb113

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »

Yea, thats what I'm confused at... the webpage says click here to add the module ... http://www.x10.com/promotions/sw48a_garage_wp.html  figured I would get everything to be able to pen and close it via the  phone...

says "IT GETS BETTER! For only $20 more, you can add a Universal Module. It's a simple device that allows you to actually use MyGarage to open or close your garage from ANYWHERE in the world with the touch of your cell phone screen. Check to see if you left the door open. If you did, simply hit Open/Close to close the garage door. Maybe you want to let in your spouse who forgot her key or let in a friend who's waiting for you to get home? Simply hit Open/Close and openthe garage for them. MyGarage is all about peace of mind and convenience!"

I figured when you click the link and it adds to cart that I would be getting what was needed but does not state.
1    MyGarage Software
See what's included    SW48A-SOLO    $9.99    $9.99
1    MyGarage
See what's included    SW48A-GARAGE-WP    $19.99    $19.99

Does not even mention the tm751

Who do I need to contact or do I just get the parts of ebay?

I just want to open my garage door... im not looking for my toaster to make beer! Figured this would be simple as its just an open or closed contact which you just send a pulse to trip... I can do it via the relay on my camera but with all the surges and lost power for a second at a time here where i live the cameras realy defaults to a pulse to reset alarm relays which cause my door to open when im not home without knowing it.

Thank you, Mark

msb113

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »

Ordered the UM506 & TM751 off ebay... thinking thats all I need... and a drink!

Let me know if I am missing anything?

Thanks guys!

Mark

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:29 AM »

I looked at your link and it looks confusing to me. Though others have found different sales pages saying different things for similar combinations.

I don't know how they can sell AHP; On Alert; My Garage; CM19A and a DS12A, but not include a TM751 to make it work.
The regular AHP Kit comes with a CM19A and TM751.

You do have registration numbers for AHP, On Alert and My Garage, that is sent by email to you when you purchased them?

Since X10 has changed its business model. You are going to see many of the familiar devices no longer available or at a much higher price than most have seen. One online dealer has two web pages of discontinued or hard to find X10 and X10Pro modules. Along with urging you call X10 and make your thoughts known. The Universal Module is one on the list and probably why X10 warned you had to find it somewhere else.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:55:22 AM by Brian H »

msb113

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 07:25:01 AM »

Yes, have the numbers to install the software... As I said, I have already ordered the parts that I need off ebay... was going to look further into more options and possibly purchase from x10 but this has left a sour taste in my mouth and wont purchase anything else from them nor recommend them to anyone.
thanks again for your help... hopefully if I have any questions after I recieve the parts, you can shed some light on the problem, if I have any.

Thanks again
Mark

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:50 AM »

Here are a few links to what you are using.
The My Garage Link mentions the older DS10A Door Window Sensor.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/MyGarage
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/DS12A
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/On_Alert

msb113

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »

Thanks, I bookmarked those when I found them... Lol
I will let you know how everything goes after I receive the parts.

Thanks again!

msb113

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »

Okay... Someone enlighten me please... All of my software downloads via my X10 email order are the same software:

Here's the registration information for your order# *******:

Product: Registration Code

MyGarage: *******-1
MyGarage: *******-2
ActiveHome Professional Software: *******-3
AHP Plugin - Security: *******-4

SW48A: http://www.x10.com/register/software.cgi?ORDER=******&ID=SW48A-SW-MYGARAGE
SW48A: http://www.x10.com/register/software.cgi?ORDER=******&ID=SW48A-SW-MYGARAGE
SW31A: http://www.x10.com/register/software.cgi?ORDER=******&ID=SW31A-SW-AHP
SW39A: http://www.x10.com/register/software.cgi?ORDER=******&ID=SW39A-AHXHSS
Took out the registration numbers

Every one of the downloads is just the AHP install

Here's my question... if it states that I get OnAlert, then why dont I have it? So far This whole thing is a big joke!
When I open AHP the only plugin I have is My Garage... If I goto OnAlert plugin it just says "Information".
What does OnAlert do? And if it states that I bought it, whether or not I will use it, I still am entitled to it aren't I?

Some please shed some light on this for me...

Thank you

Mark

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »

SW39A is the On Alert Plug In.
It allows the DS12A Security Door Window Sensor to be used.
Without it Security Sensors are not recognized.
Someone with more X10 software experience may have more data, but it sounds like they sent you incorrect links.
Not sure if downloading the latest On Alert from the update web page would work.
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

msb113

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

Thanks... will try that when I get home... your help is much appreciated.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »

Keep us informed on your progress.

06M6TorridGTO

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »

You can actually use AHP, OnAlert, and MyGarage without a UM506 or even the TM751. But this would only allow you to see the status of the garage door sensor (DS12A or DS10A). If you want to open and close the garage you have to have a UM506 to provide the switching and you have to have a way to convert the RF signals from the CM19A into powerline carrier (PLC) signals that the UM506 will receive. This would be a function of the TM751 or RR501. I'm guessing they aren't including the TM751 with AHP and the CM19A when you purchase it with MyGarage since it is not necessary if you only want to see the status of it, which is kinda pointless in my opinion cause if you check and its open, then you are SOL or have to call someone lol they also no longer make or carry the UM506 so there would be no reason to send the TM751 if you are purchaseing it for the sole reason of using MyGarage (without UM506). Kinda stupid in my opinion that they do this but just a thought. They really need to bring back an interface like the CM15A but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I see X10 as on their way out very shortly! :(
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.