Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: AirpadXL ICS with Bluetooth  (Read 34076 times)

jcoleman2164

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
AirpadXL ICS with Bluetooth
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4wlex51wgv1l/n/CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15_ICS_Bluetooth_img
I have tested my cheapo bluetooth dongle with 2 cell phones and a wii contoller and it seems to be working. Could someone test bluetooth audio devices? headsets etc.
USB GPS dongles should work also but I have no way to test it.
Includes:Google Play
            Amazon Appstore
            Chrome Beta - Highly recommended over default browser
            Latest updates I could find for some of the default apps.
            Proper Keylayouts

Livesuite http://www.mediafire.com/?tc0kdn2z92oukne used to flash the rom.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Re: AirpadXL ICS with Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:40:01 PM »

can u put the image somewhere that will not take hours to get?

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »

Can you recommend a site?

hairface

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »

I am downloading it again, it died the first 2 times...but now i am on Linux box and it is going a bit faster.

If i can get it downloaded i will put it in my dropbox and leave a link in this thread, i think that will be the easiest way.

I tried putting things like this on other free servers and it is slow. rapidshare was great to upload to but people had hard time with the downloads.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

hairface

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »

Here is the link to my dropbox

I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74322810/CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth.img

H

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »

bluetooth connects to my Zonda headphones but cannot pair.  The process needs the ability added  to enter PIN number.
OR...have a default of 0000 (four zeroes) hard-coded as that is the default PIN of every headphone or earpiece I have ever encountered.

on the positive, everything works great so far ,  I have already noticed that the screen is brighter, Wi-Fi is stronger.  

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:43:29 AM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »

It's got all these features ?

Includes:Google Play
            Amazon Appstore
            Chrome Beta - Highly recommended over default browser
            Latest updates I could find for some of the default apps.
            Proper Keylayouts
COOL!!  8)  :)%

also jcoleman2164 said

"I have tested my cheapo bluetooth dongle with 2 cell phones and a wii contoller and it seems to be working."

but cjhallx said

"bluetooth connects to my Zonda headphones but cannot pair.  The process needs process added to be able to enter pin number.
OR...have a default of 0000 (four zeroes)"

if one can connect to a blue tooth device but not pair then what good is the blue tooth support since in order to use any devices you have to be able to enter the pass code to pair the device with the Airpad XL?

If jcoleman2164 said he tested his blue tooth dongle with 2 cell phones and a wii controller and they worked ok then doesn't this mean he was able to pair these devices to his Airpad XL?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:22:13 AM by daldude »

daldude

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »

I'd really like to install this version of ICS but don't want to go through the pain in the butt of reinstalling all my apps again since some were installed via Amazon App store but most via Google play.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »

Some people are saying them headphones have to be reset http://www.fixya.com/support/t11241449-anyone_know_get_zonda_bluetooth_headset.
Do you know if they are a2dp or mono like a normal headset?

I was able to enter the pin to connect and pair to an android smartphone and send a file.  I had to get an app for the wii controller but it connected fine.

cjhallx

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »

I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

cjhallx

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »

Some people are saying them headphones have to be reset http://www.fixya.com/support/t11241449-anyone_know_get_zonda_bluetooth_headset.
Do you know if they are a2dp or mono like a normal headset?

I was able to enter the pin to connect and pair to an android smartphone and send a file.  I had to get an app for the wii controller but it connected fine.
You were able to pair it to the phone by entering the PIN on the phone, right?   Need to be able to do the same on the AirPad XL tablet since obviously there is no way to do that on the headphones.  That is how it is done on my wife's older AirPad X.

Again, these are stereo headphones, not a handset.

You can see it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLACK-ZONDA-BLUETOOTH-STEREO-HEADPHONES-MUSIC-PHONE-VOLUME-CONTROL-FAST-SHIP-/270966108546?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3f16d6b182
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:18:04 PM by cjhallx »

jcoleman2164

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 11:55:36 PM »

I had to enter the pin on the phone and on the tablet.

From what I can tell the zonda headphones use the Headset Profile (HSP) rather than Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) that most of them use. If use google android and hsp you can see that its a common problem.

There is an app called BTmono that some say helps.

cjhallx

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »

So I need to get a pair that uses a2dp and then i will be prompted for a PIN with your firmware?
Thanks for clarifying that.  Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated.

daldude

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »

One important question I have is
Is this version of ICS in English by default or is it in Chinese and you have to figure out how to read Chinese in order to find where the language option is so you can change it to English?  :)

Thanks

jcoleman2164

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »

It is based on the airpad image version 0514 so it defaults to English.  I changed the timezone to eastern time also but I can't quite figure out how to make it default to a 12 hour clock.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.