Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: AirpadXL ICS with Bluetooth  (Read 34077 times)

jcoleman2164

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: AirpadXL ICS with Bluetooth
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »

I have found a some things that I did not mean to include in the current image (crappy boot animation) I will be uploading another image so you may want to wait on it.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »

One important question I have is
Is this version of ICS in English by default or is it in Chinese and you have to figure out how to read Chinese in order to find where the language option is so you can change it to English?  :)

Thanks

Helpful Hint:
In many cases the language setting is easily found by looking for the letter A as the icon for setting the language.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

I have found a some things that I did not mean to include in the current image (crappy boot animation) I will be uploading another image so you may want to wait on it.

It's a cool boot animation, better then the boring one in 0331 which is just the word android glistening.

daldude

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 02:26:58 PM »

It is based on the airpad image version 0514 so it defaults to English.  I changed the timezone to eastern time also but I can't quite figure out how to make it default to a 12 hour clock.

System settings, Date & Time and then un check "Use 24-hour format."

daldude

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »

Once you pair a audio device how do you get the music player to play the music through the Bluetooth device? In order for it to work does the tablet have to prompt you for a pass code? I have a Insignia NS-BT400 Stereo Blue Tooth stereo apeaker system I got off Ebay and it came with no instructions or documentation so I don't know if it's A2DP or HSP but it shows up in the Blue Tooth settings with a icon that looks like head phones. :(

Thanks

cjhallx

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:55:16 AM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »

Heres the updated rom https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth%200617.img
The only differences from the original is I removed the boot animation and the imdb app.

I know how to change it once android is running, I am trying to find the setting so it will default to 12 hour clock on first install.

I like the idea of a nice boot animation but that one was for a phone and didn't quite look right, if someone could recommended a good one I would include it.

daldude

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 12:34:08 AM »

Heres the updated rom https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth%200617.img
The only differences from the original is I removed the boot animation and the imdb app.

I know how to change it once android is running, I am trying to find the setting so it will default to 12 hour clock on first install.

I like the idea of a nice boot animation but that one was for a phone and didn't quite look right, if someone could recommended a good one I would include it.

This version lacks one major necessary feature location services or they don't work so there for it's missing Google Maps and The Locations program and the route planning program. The locations services are very necessary for weather programs so the program knows where you are and most weather programs assume you have a cell phone that knows where you are located via either the cell phone network or a built in GPS circuit and there for have no way to set up your location manually by entering a zip code or city name. I have 2 Radar programs, Radar Now and Instant Radar and both of them don't work with the 0514 image because they can't detect my location but they worked fine with the 0331 POYER image.  I check marked "Google location services" and "Location & Google search" but any programs that support detecting your location can't detect my location and get a location detection error.
Why did you not edit the 0331 image from PLOYER tablet? The only problem with that image is the volume keys don't work properly, why not just add Blue tooth  support to that image and also edit the key files?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:19:45 PM by daldude »

jcoleman2164

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:43 AM »

I did not realize location services are not working, I will look into it.

Some of these problem may not matter anyway, I almost have CyanogenMod working and the bluetooth and location stuff seems to be working fine. I just setup a weather app and entered my zip code in location services.

I think all that is left is the camera and some keylayout stuff.

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »

I'd really like to install this version of ICS but don't want to go through the pain in the butt of reinstalling all my apps again since some were installed via Amazon App store but most via Google play.

I got Titanium Backup and performed a full backup of everything before Factory Reset and a HARD reset.
Put in the SD card after and then browsed to the Titanium complete backup folder and ran the Restore program there in. Let it go for about 5 minutes and all my stuff was back exactly as I had before the Factory and HARD reset. I have about 9 landscape pages of APPs. ;D

But the Tablet still had problems. I have not gotten mine back yet. ::)
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:26 AM »

What is the status on this MOMO ICS image with bluetooth?  Is this the same image file as refreenced here?

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26395.0

Is it too buggy to use - I see mention of location services not working - r we sure that it's not set correctly in system settings?

Any other problems - I am running ICS 0331 - - but I would switch to the MOMO image to get bluetooth -- IF I did not loose other things....

Please post an update with details...

Thanks

jcoleman2164

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »

The best solution I have found that has everything working is to install Cyanogenmod 9.

First you will need to install clockworkmod recovery http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/30683-installing-clockwork-mod-recovery/
In clockwork mod only the vol+ button works just loop till you get the option you need and press power to select, after installing the zip files hold the power button to exit cwm.
Second install cyanogenmod9 and gapps http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/33373-rom-cm9-nightlies/
Third install this compatibility https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/momo15_compatibility.zip which is just the Protab2XXL file with our keylayout.
Or use this file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/momo15_compatibility%20boot%20anim.zip which is the same as above except the boot animation has been resized for our screens.

I have only tried this with cm9_nightly_20120624. I have not tried the new kernel 3.0.36 discussed in the thread or gapps with face unlock.

Heres the original wallpaper https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/wallpaper_punaier01.jpg
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:48:02 PM by jcoleman2164 »

cjhallx

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:30 AM »

It is based on the airpad image version 0514 so it defaults to English.  I changed the timezone to eastern time also but I can't quite figure out how to make it default to a 12 hour clock.

I would love to see this based on the 0331 build.  Based on posts  we all agree the 0514 build has problems.  Not a criticism, just my two cents.

cjhallx

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

So I need to get a pair that uses a2dp and then i will be prompted for a PIN with your firmware?
Thanks for clarifying that.  Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated.

This should work then?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120922472944?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

jcoleman2164

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 11:36:12 PM »

I am currently uploading an image based on 0331 that has better bluetooth support. Its still not perfect but it does load the headset profile so it may be worth trying before buying another set. Also cyanogenmod seems to have nearly perfect bluetooth support.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img

This image also include clockworkmod recovery.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:58:23 AM by jcoleman2164 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.