Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A is not being recognized by the PC  (Read 2362 times)

06M6TorridGTO

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
CM15A is not being recognized by the PC
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:09 AM »

Last night, I tried plugging my CM15A into my laptop and nothing came up. So I figured I needed to install the AHP software (or a plugin) which would install the drivers for it. However, it didnt work. Windows is saying that the unknown USB device is not recognized. I tried it on the HTPC that I had originally been using it on and it wont work either. Same thing keeps coming up. If I remember correctly, that usually happens when there is a bad connection with the cable or if there is a short somewhere and it cant transmit enough data (I could be wrong; been a while since I have seen that message). I just looked at some articles about usb devices not being recognized and also found one on the X10 KB so I'm gonna try that when I go home later. I started typing this before I found that stuff lol so that was the reason for this post. Any other suggestions would be good too but I'm gonna try what was shown in the KB.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A is not being recognized by the PC
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:26:11 AM »

I would suggest try a new cable or inspect the USB jacks on the computer and CM15A.
I had a USB Jack on my computer get dirty and combined with a pitted contact in the cable. Cause devices to go to unknown status.

You may want to try removing the AC power and batteries to allow the CM15A to be totally reset.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:58:28 AM by Brian H »

06M6TorridGTO

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: CM15A is not being recognized by the PC
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:40:29 AM »

It works now. I havent touched it yet. I was bidding on a new one on ebay and lost the bid, then forgot to rebid before it ended over night. But I just tried it again and it worked fine. Haven't touched it since last time (which was when I posted this thread and before I tried anything in the KB). Go figure! lol and I had already tried multiple USB cables and opened up the CM15A to see about the jack on the inside. My main concern was that our new puppy broke it when she pulled it out from the wall by the attached USB cable (it was attached to the CM15A but no computer on the other end). I instantly thought that the circuitry or USB port was messed up but it all seemed really solid and the USB cord had not wiggle-room inside the jack. But it works now lol

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.