Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 30% cpu usage kills computer.....  (Read 2616 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
30% cpu usage kills computer.....
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »

so for last year plus at least, cpu usage has been 25-30% on win 7 64bit system with 4 processors....  that iS ACTUALLY about 80% usage on 1 of the 4 cpus....  all acceptable performance....

lately, probably due to some win 7 update, this same usage goes now to 100% on one (of the 4) cpus, killing the computer:  ie., it causes all processes to slow to point of none working until I kill ahp in task manager.

so, anyone else seen this?

I seem to have gotten back control by uninstalling ahp 3.318, reinstalling it, and trying again.  I am still at 25-30% cpu usage as shown in task mgr, but this is only 80% of cpu 1 instead of the recent past 100% solid on cpu 1....     I have a "normal" responding computer again.

I post this incase:

1) anyone has answer for me why
2) to help any other win 7 64bit users who may have run into the same crap lately.

AC8V.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: 30% cpu usage kills computer.....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »

so reinstall got me back to status quo and 30% cpu usage, which is nasty but acceptable on fast quad machine. 

for kicks I threw out all camera related stuff in my file and no difference.

I would like to uninstall just the iwatch routine to see if that drops usage back down - anyone know how to do that wo full uninstall and reinstall of everything?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.