Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Identifying my Airpad  (Read 6161 times)

dd-b

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Identifying my Airpad
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

I just received a 7-inch Airpad, refurbished, from the close-out sale.  I'd like to learn all the different names it goes by, so I can figure out what posts apply to me versus other later versions.

My invoice says it's a "Refurbished x10 AirPad 7 Android Tablet".  The "About device" screen in settings says the model number is AIR-910, and that the Android version is 2.3.1 (I haven't reflashed anything), and that the build number is gingerbread_v1.28ly.root.20110831.

Is this what you mostly call an "Airpad 7" (not 7p)? 

And what's my best bet on system software?  I don't need to do anything exotic; I want to run some decent email app (talking to IMAP), a good browser, and FBReader or some other good ebook reader, and really not much else.  It'll be on Wifi a lot, so that has to work well.   Should I just keep running what it came with, or look to upgrade some?   The one thing I notice is there's no Android Market / Google Play in the apps it comes with.  I've downloaded FBReader directly and installed it, and that worked okay, but my wife who will probably be the main user might want the Google Play interface if it's available.

dd-b

Re: Identifying my Airpad
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:18 PM »

And where would I find this "FCC ID"?  I don't see anything like that in the info settings, and I don't find it in the device manual, and I don't find it printed on the device anywhere, and I don't find it anywhere on the box it came in...so where do I find i?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »

It is not on one of the labels on the AirPad?

dd-b

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:31:20 PM »

Now that you mention it, it's a bit weird; every other device I've got has a ton of id stickers of one sort or another on the back or somewhere.  But this Airpad 7 does not; the back is almost clean (rather large "Airpad" in the middle, and small text labels for the various buttons and connectors on the side, but nothing else).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

I was hoping the X10 Wiki may have photos or something to ID them but I didn't see much.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Tablets

dd-b

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »

Searching for "MOMO9c" on ployer.com gets no results found, so I can't look to see if there's anything relevant there.  Searching for airpad 7 also gets no results.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »

I just received a 7-inch Airpad, refurbished, from the close-out sale.  I'd like to learn all the different names it goes by, so I can figure out what posts apply to me versus other later versions.

My invoice says it's a "Refurbished x10 AirPad 7 Android Tablet".  The "About device" screen in settings says the model number is AIR-910, and that the Android version is 2.3.1 (I haven't reflashed anything), and that the build number is gingerbread_v1.28ly.root.20110831.

Is this what you mostly call an "Airpad 7" (not 7p)? 

And what's my best bet on system software?  I don't need to do anything exotic; I want to run some decent email app (talking to IMAP), a good browser, and FBReader or some other good ebook reader, and really not much else.  It'll be on Wifi a lot, so that has to work well.   Should I just keep running what it came with, or look to upgrade some?   The one thing I notice is there's no Android Market / Google Play in the apps it comes with.  I've downloaded FBReader directly and installed it, and that worked okay, but my wife who will probably be the main user might want the Google Play interface if it's available.

The unit that you purchased was our original airpad. That unit was called a airpad 1 and airpad 7.  The first few batches that we received did not have the model number on them. It is not the Airpad 7p or the Ployer Momo09.

dd-b

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »

Thank you very much, all! 

So, I have an Airpad 7, which is definitely NOT an Airpad 7p (that they were different was clear from various threads), and they're sometimes called an Airpad 1 also.  First version.  And, in fact, probably from an early batch at that (to not have any ID on it anywhere).

What I have does not match cjhall's photos; the connector arrangement is different, I have no physical buttons on the front, and I don't have the identifying text on the back.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »

Thank you very much, all! 

So, I have an Airpad 7, which is definitely NOT an Airpad 7p (that they were different was clear from various threads), and they're sometimes called an Airpad 1 also.  First version.  And, in fact, probably from an early batch at that (to not have any ID on it anywhere).

What I have does not match cjhall's photos; the connector arrangement is different, I have no physical buttons on the front, and I don't have the identifying text on the back.
Correct, since you do not have a 7P of course they don't match.  Glad you now know what you have.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.