Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Calendar problem  (Read 4406 times)

5angels

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Calendar problem
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:06:52 AM »

I just received my AirPad yesterday.  It's one of the refurbished $79 specials that was just online.  When I click on the "Calendar" icon that is on the home screen, it opens up and I click on a day to add an event.  But then I get an error message that says, "No calendars.  You have no calendars."  What do I need to do to have it work correctly?

Oddly enough, in the background behind the error message, I can see the calendar where I could input the event, time, place, etc.  But the error message is in the forefront, and won't let me access the calendar. 

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:18:42 AM by 5angels »

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Calendar problem
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »

Have you signed in to your google/gmail account?

cmg55

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »

I have the airpad 7 with icecream 4.0.3.  I am having the same problem.  I have made gmail account and made google calendar.  the air pad syncs with my yahoo & gmail acccounts.  under settings "Accounts & sync" for both gmail & yahoo mail there is a check box for "Sync Email" but nowhere is there a check box to sync calendar or anything else.  I can not get any calendar to work on tablet.  All the calendar apps want to sync with something.  I would just love to have a stand alone calendar!  I installed business calendar and had same issue...it would tell me "no calendars are selected".  Can' B:(t figure out what to do.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »

all u should have to do is add account in the calendar app, let it sync and calendar should work

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

cmg55

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »

Thanks Hairface, I am trying to do account set up from the calendar app but am getting stuck on the server settings.  I am trying to set up sync with google calendar.  I have gmail account and that is syncing with tablet.  I could or would also like to set up sync with yahoo calendar but have same problem... I do not know server settings.  How do I go about finding settings?

the server screen is asking for
Domain\Username____________
Pasword___________________

Server____________________

__     Use secure connection (SSL)

__  Accept all SSL Certificates

Client certificates               Select
  None

I can open google calendar with my gmail & passcode.

I have tried all combinations that I can think of for domain\Username like google\cmgent55, gmail\cmgent55,google.com\cmgent55,gmail.com\cmgent55 
I don't know the server to use or the server settings.

When  press next it checks incoming server for about 30 sec the window says "Couldn't finish", "Couldn't open connection to server"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Cliff

PS: If I get past this screen will I need more info such as out going server & settings?  any more info I might need?
 B:(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.